Forum > DStv Forum Archive (12 May 2014) > Drifta USB or standard Drifta
Old 2012-05-03 , 23:23
Still gets up to change channels

Default Drifta USB or standard Drifta

Hello guys,

I am new to this forum and would like to have some important information before I buy one of the 2 drifta type.

some of my friends that use it say it's easier to get the signal with the standard drifta than the USB one. For me the advantage with the USB is the price as well as the fact that it doesn't need a batery (3 hours), you can watch TV on your computer the whole day.

So my questions are:

- does the standard drifta charges while connected to the computer? if yes, can I always keep it connected via USB and use it as the USB one without killing it? can I use it on my pc only via USB instead of WIFI?

thank you for your responses
Old 2012-05-04 , 07:17
Changes remote batteries hourly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedigo View Post
Hello guys,

I am new to this forum and would like to have some important information before I buy one of the 2 drifta type.

some of my friends that use it say it's easier to get the signal with the standard drifta than the USB one. For me the advantage with the USB is the price as well as the fact that it doesn't need a batery (3 hours), you can watch TV on your computer the whole day.

So my questions are:

- does the standard drifta charges while connected to the computer? if yes, can I always keep it connected via USB and use it as the USB one without killing it? can I use it on my pc only via USB instead of WIFI?

The Drifta has advantage of lmobility to selected mobile devices.

You can remove the battery and use via USB port.

Ensure coverage in your area

G
Old 2012-05-05 , 12:42
Changes remote batteries daily

Have your heard of/ considered the WALKA.... this has a built in screen, so u can watch away from PC etc, battery lasts 3.5 hrs depending on signal and you can charge via wall/PC.... you can also plug in USB and watch on the screen while it is charging...

disadvantage: always only have small screen, cannot watch on PC screen which can be slightly bigger

advantage: much more mobility independent of having the need for a PC around to watch I luv my WALKA

Quote:
Hello guys,

So my questions are:

Old 2012-05-07 , 08:07
Changes remote batteries daily

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staffy View Post
Have your heard of/ considered the WALKA.... this has a built in screen, so u can watch away from PC etc, battery lasts 3.5 hrs depending on signal and you can charge via wall/PC.... you can also plug in USB and watch on the screen while it is charging...

disadvantage: always only have small screen, cannot watch on PC screen which can be slightly bigger

advantage: much more mobility independent of having the need for a PC around to watch I luv my WALKA
Don't need a PC, just a compatable tablet I love both
100/50 Fibre (OpenServe/AH Capped)
------------------------------------------
DSD1110 in holiday mode
DSTV Mobile via Drifta WiFi (S5& iPad)
Old 2012-05-29 , 18:30
Still gets up to change channels

thank you for your responds guys... I will definitely buy the standard drifta and use it via USB instead of WIFI so that i can watch and charge in the same time. thank you very much for your help! According to the coverage map, 85% of my complex is covered including my flat. if it does not work i will just call them and complain until they refund me.
Old 2012-05-29 , 19:17
Changes remote batteries hourly.

Quote:
thank you for your responds guys... I will definitely buy the standard drifta and use it via USB instead of WIFI so that i can watch and charge in the same time. thank you very much for your help! According to the coverage map, 85% of my complex is covered including my flat. if it does not work i will just call them and complain until they refund me.
Or keep the receipt and return it within a we days without issue. Just get from a reputable outlet or direct at a MC branch

G