Old 2017-10-20 , 23:18
Still listens to the wireless

Try changing your DNS settings to the following:

Primary: 8.8.8.8
Optional/backup: 8.8.4.4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 2017-10-21 , 10:17
Still gets up to change channels

The built-in speedtester of the Explora is giving me speeds of 35Mbps+ with every single test.
There should be no need for me to start changing router settings or rebooting routers. It may be easy for some of us to do those things, but most people don't know how and just want to watch what we pay for and what DSTV advertises all over the place as a reason to buy the Explora (the connected part of it).
Parents (50Mbps fibre) and in-laws (100Mbps fibre) have both given up trying to use the feature live or if they do they only to SD content. SD content when they have fast fibre is really not how it should be working.
As suggested in a previous post, they rather download what they want to watch and watch the next night. According to me that defeats the purpose of Watch Now if DSTV's servers cannot handle it.
Old 2017-10-22 , 19:39
Still gets up to change channels

Exactly the same issue tonight. Downloading a title, 0.2GB in 10 minutes while Explora’s own speedtest is giving me speeds of 25, 26, 31, ... Mbps. Surely at that speeds I should be getting a lot more than 200MB in 10 minutes. Router reboot changed nothing.
Old 2017-10-23 , 07:38
Changes remote batteries daily

Btw, I went looking for the Explora speedtest after saw it being mentioned here. Found it in Connectivity Checker , pretty sure it wasn't there before. Would love to know where/what is being tested against and whether that can be compared to the test.bin tests against explora.dstvcdn.com ?
100/50 Fibre (OpenServe/AH Capped)
------------------------------------------
DSD1110 in holiday mode
DSTV Mobile via Drifta WiFi (S5& iPad)
Old 2017-10-23 , 09:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke7777 View Post
pretty sure it wasn't there before
It is fairly new - maybe 2 or so releases back - but there has been reports that it is not very accurate. I have sometimes seen very different results when running the test twice immediately in a row.
Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora 1 (Primary) & HDPVR 2P (Secondary) in lounge, Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture and audio via Onkyo TX-NR626 receiver, Samsung BD-F7500 3D Blu-Ray player. Explora 1 in bedroom with HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV.
Old 2017-10-23 , 11:50
Still listens to the wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmuller View Post
The built-in speedtester of the Explora is giving me speeds of 35Mbps+ with every single test.
There should be no need for me to start changing router settings or rebooting routers. It may be easy for some of us to do those things, but most people don't know how and just want to watch what we pay for and what DSTV advertises all over the place as a reason to buy the Explora (the connected part of it).
Parents (50Mbps fibre) and in-laws (100Mbps fibre) have both given up trying to use the feature live or if they do they only to SD content. SD content when they have fast fibre is really not how it should be working.
As suggested in a previous post, they rather download what they want to watch and watch the next night. According to me that defeats the purpose of Watch Now if DSTV's servers cannot handle it.
Are you connected via wi-fi or ethernet?

My showmax connection works fine (linked through explora 2) but streaming speeds are K*K on catch up plus... Maybe it's bandwidth constraints on MC's side....

As mentioned I am also running a 100mbps line so speed is not the issue. The issue is clearly with MC. I am also assuming that DL speeds are also much slower during peak viewing times.
Old 2017-10-24 , 08:57
Knows how to use a remote

For the last three nights I have had problems with Showmax having slow streaming and "Cannot Connect". It was so slow last night even pausing for 30sec. was not enough for the buffer to catch up. The DSTV Connectivity connector shows a speed of 9.85 Mbps.
CU+ is still the same with slow download speed and "Download Server Error" coming up at least 3 times in a 45Min show download.
Old 2017-10-24 , 09:05

I casted Mr Robot last night from ipad to tv. That wasn't too bad it buffered a few times for a few seconds after the 30 minute mark

Explora
Old 2017-10-24 , 11:50
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by magszinovich View Post
Try changing your DNS settings to the following:

Primary: 8.8.8.8
Optional/backup: 8.8.4.4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi magszinovich

We suggest you don't change the DNS settings as this would cause you to not route optimally (Via your ISP) and also makes it hard for our tech team to troubleshoot and pinpoint the issue.
Old 2017-10-24 , 11:58

We tend to use those DNS settings as they will always work, as opposed to those of some of our ISPs from time to time
100/50 Fibre (OpenServe/AH Capped)
------------------------------------------
DSD1110 in holiday mode
DSTV Mobile via Drifta WiFi (S5& iPad)
Tags
catchup plus, download speed, sonymax