Forum > DStv Forum Archive (12 May 2014) > English Premier League Half Time Show
Old 2012-02-15 , 14:26
Still gets up to change channels

Default English Premier League Half Time Show

Hi

I find it unfair that Supersport moves the Sky Sports program to a premium channel on Saturdays. The half-time program is a service that the compact viewers were used to seeing and now it is eliminated without any justifiable reason or replacement program/

I am a soccer lover and the compact is perfect for me. I do not need other channels. Please do not reduce the level of service entertainment on the current compact channels to increase the premium appeal. Good matches are replaced by match-ups between lesser teams with no half-time show. This is unethical.

I appeal to Supersport to restore the half-time show on Supersport 3 or, alternatively, have Gary Bailey and the guys host a half-time show.

PLEEEAASSSEE !!!!
Old 2012-02-16 , 12:56
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

I have noticed that this season, SS has chosen not to show all of the ch176 games on SS3. They probably have a policy in place to rotate games such that compact subscribers have the opportunity to watch their team play once in a while. The ch176 game is in HD and has the Premier League Production build up and half time chat.

What is this Sky Sports program you speak of ? Did you mean the Premier League Production programs ?
Old 2012-02-16 , 13:35
Changes remote batteries daily

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm001 View Post
:
What is this Sky Sports program you speak of ? Did you mean the Premier League Production programs ?
--------
Old 2012-02-16 , 14:27

whatever the correct name. referring here to the analysis by andy townsend and the guys.

i would appreciate an explanation from the SS guys as to what the logic is behind it. i doubt whether it is rotating of matches/clubs.
Old 2012-02-16 , 14:41
Changes remote batteries daily

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallBoy View Post
whatever the correct name. referring here to the analysis by andy townsend and the guys.

i would appreciate an explanation from the SS guys as to what the logic is behind it. i doubt whether it is rotating of matches/clubs.
They are only for the English Premier League, For FA Cup and Europa League and the Uefa Champions League, there is no halve time show, as Far as I remember.

Every so often, I like to stick my head out the window, look up, and smile for a satellite picture.
Old 2012-02-17 , 09:30

aware that it is for league games only.

bottom line is that the monopoly that SS have make them feel as if they do not have to account for anything. the show ALWAYS played previously regardless of the fixture being played on SS3 so it is not a new request but one of status quo

the EPL is a big draw-card for multichoice (along with rugby) and i understand that. but taking something away that was offerred is unethical if no compensation result for the "loss"

well, there's my "moan" for the day!!