Forum > DStv Forum Archive (12 May 2014) > English Premier League Discussions

Old 2011-08-08 , 12:23
4K, baby!

Default English Premier League Discussions

Not too sure if the moderators will allow this thread to stay but if so then here's an invite to all English Premiership followers to have their friendly, stress friendly, comments about the team they are following and have a dig at the other teams and their supporters.

To get started let me firstly say congratulations to the Manchester United team on winning yesterday's Charity Shield. Pity all the players came through unscathed!!

However, the true season gets underway this coming Saturday and to me the teams that could be challenging for the title are Manchester United, Manchester City - although considering the amount of money spent on their squad I would have expected better of them yesterday and Chelsea. Outsiders could be Liverpool and Arsenal. Yes, all the usual suspects.

Liverpool, my team, at times looked pretty good against Valencia and this without a couple of what could be regular players. Suarez and Gerrard. Somehow I don't think Arsenal, at the moment, have the squad to challenge for the title and they could be the team to miss out on the Championship spot.

Time will tell but please I DON'T WANT MANCHESTER UNITED TO WIN THE LEAGUE AGAIN. If not Liverpool then preferably Arsenal of the teams mentioned above.
Old 2011-08-08 , 12:28
Technical Myriad

Default Pienaar Injured

So is Pienaar's injury real or just a way out for him not report for duty for Bafana??
Win 10 Pro (64-bit) version 1703, build 15063.138
1.2m antenna, 8-way universal LNB, 2x6 MS, FSM permanently connected.
MS Edge 40 with MSEdge HTML 15
Old 2011-08-08 , 13:14
Changes remote batteries daily

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff D View Post
So is Pienaar's injury real or just a way out for him not report for duty for Bafana??
According to reports, Pienaar was spotted last week in Rustenburg training with the injured Springboks...
Old 2011-08-08 , 14:21
4K, baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toto View Post
According to reports, Pienaar was spotted last week in Rustenburg training with the injured Springboks...
So does that mean he's taking over the penalty kicking duties from Morne Steyn?
Old 2011-08-08 , 14:27
Watches YouTube a lot!

Beetle Bailey, I notice that you did not mention Tottenham? We have been looking better these past seasons. You never know pigs may fly and we might win the league.
I am a bit worried, I've been checking our website and we haven't done a lot of buying, never mind the talk of Harry maybe taking the England coaching job.
I am really excited I have missed my weekend footie matches.
Old 2011-08-08 , 14:44
4K, baby!

Orinoco I somehow don't think that you have enough squad players of quality to match the other teams mentioned. Then there is also the very serious threat of your losing your star midfielder Modric.

But yes, Tottenham cannot be totally written off but somehow I think they peaked last year and the year before. As you say they also don't seem to have purchased any players of merit ......... yet!
Old 2011-08-08 , 15:03
Still gets up to change channels

Talking

Manchester United all the way Bailey, if the other teams are not good enough then they don't deserve to be champions. Championship number 20 here we come!!!!!!!!!
Old 2011-08-08 , 20:07
4K, baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zondai View Post
Manchester United all the way Bailey, if the other teams are not good enough then they don't deserve to be champions. Championship number 20 here we come!!!!!!!!!
Grumble grumble moan moan. Blasted United took our glory from us!!! No wait. It's all about the CHAMPIONS LEAGUE isn't it and Liverpool have WON that FIVE times to United's .... how many?
Old 2011-08-09 , 10:31
Watches YouTube a lot!

After watching the news this morning I don't know how many matches will be played.
I've just checked the Tottenham website and for now the match against Everton is still on.

"Following the disturbances in Tottenham over the weekend, the Club has been in ongoing discussions with the necessary authorities regarding this coming weekend's Premier League fixture against Everton."
If you would like to read the article please do so at:
http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news...te-080811.html

My thoughts are with everyone affected by the riots, I really hope they can find peaceful resolution to them.
Old 2011-08-09 , 17:58
4K, baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by orinoco View Post
After watching the news this morning I don't know how many matches will be played.
I've just checked the Tottenham website and for now the match against Everton is still on.

My thoughts are with everyone affected by the riots, I really hope they can find peaceful resolution to them.
Amen to that.