Forum > Value Added Services > DStv Now > DSTV Now error: maximum number of streams
Old 2017-10-03 , 07:45
Still gets up to change channels

Default DSTV Now error: maximum number of streams

Hello
I started getting a message when streaming DSTV Now on my iPad this weekend. It connects fine but after a few minutes, I get an error stating "You have reached the maximum number of streams(2) allowed for this account" (screenshot attached).

There are other devices on the account but they all belong to us and were not streaming at the time. We have called the DSTV call centre but got told that we "probably gave out details to someone else and they are using it" but this is not the case. We also tried a second account and still had the same error.

Not sure if its related but it worked fine on Saturday. We had a storm in the evening and the power went out. The app might have been "on" at the time but not streaming and would have lost wifi connectivity.

Is there anything that can be done to fix this?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0250.jpg (62.2 KB, 18 views)
Old 2017-10-06 , 06:07

Ditto on this issue for me as well, I have assumed it is related to the iOS11 upgrade.

DSTV has released 3 updates to their app since the upgrade but I still get the error.

Tried unregistering all devices, deleting the app, installing the latest version and still the same error message

Only workaround for now is to download then Airplay to the TV which works
Old 2017-10-06 , 07:51
Changes remote batteries hourly

I wonder why the Mods missed this thread - is MC aware of the problem, is it general as believed or related to specific devices / setup issues? What fix is available or planned?
Old 2017-10-06 , 08:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellfogg View Post
Ditto on this issue for me as well, I have assumed it is related to the iOS11 upgrade.

DSTV has released 3 updates to their app since the upgrade but I still get the error.

Tried unregistering all devices, deleting the app, installing the latest version and still the same error message

Only workaround for now is to download then Airplay to the TV which works
Think its not related to iSO11. I'm using an iPad2 so its on iOS 9.x. I mainly use it for sport so downloading is not an option for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimist View Post
I wonder why the Mods missed this thread - is MC aware of the problem, is it general as believed or related to specific devices / setup issues? What fix is available or planned?
My wife has been in contact with MC support again and they got through to someone who said that they have had some other instances of this. They were supposed to call us last night to get details of the device but didn't. Hope it can get resolved soon
Old 2017-10-06 , 08:10
Knows how to use a remote

Same problem here. I changed my DSTV password just in case but it didn't help. I'm using an iPhone 6 with iOS 11. This problem started after I installed iOS 11, but I assume that that coincided with a DSTV Now app update.
Old 2017-10-09 , 07:24

Any update from MC on this error? Was very frustrating watching the F1 race. Would get the error every 5 minutes.
Old 2017-10-09 , 07:40
Knows how to use a remote

It seems that I experience this problem when the following criteria are met:
  • Use Airplay to display DSTV Now on my Apple TV
  • Do nothing else on my phone
If I do things on my phone while Airplaying to my Apple TV, the problem doesn't occur. It's also important to note that I'm referring to regular Airplay here where your phone casts media to an Apple TV and then doesn't show it itself (this in contrast to Airplay Mirroring where both devices show the media - the problem doesn't seem to occur when using Mirroring). The advantage of this mode is that you can use your phone for other things while still watching TV. This all worked before the recent updates.

Can anyone else here confirm that this problem only occurs under these circumstances?
Old 2017-10-12 , 10:51
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

Hi All

Apologies for the delayed response. Our apps team just deployed a fix for this error. It will be available on the app store soon.
Old 2017-11-02 , 09:32

Sorry for not replying earlier but want to thank the MC team for the app update that fixed this issue (version 7.11.1). Its been working fine since the update