Forum > Value Added Services > DStv Now > Managing DStv Now devices
Old 2017-07-23 , 15:35
Still listens to the wireless

Default Managing DStv Now devices

The DStv now FAQ (https://www.dstv.com/topic/dstv-now-...10#overview-15) mentions that you can register four devices to your subscription (although I could swear I've seen a DStv advert on TV talking about five). Where can I manage what devices I have registered? Does just viewing through the browser on a computer count as a registered a device, or are only decoders and mobile devices with the app installed included?
Old 2017-07-23 , 16:43
Changes remote batteries daily

that's 4 mobile devices with the app
To manage : In the DStv Now app , top left you'll see 3 bars, select that , go down to Settings, select that and you'll see Manage Devices on the next screen. Note this on IOS, don't now about Android

/update : Android is the same
40Mb VDSL (ISP AH Capped Unshaped)
------------------------------------------
DSD1110 in holiday mode
DSTV Mobile via Drifta WiFi (S5& iPad)

Last edited by Luke7777; 2017-07-23 at 17:03. .
Old 2017-07-24 , 14:12
MultiChoice

It is four devices for DStv Now - the advert refers to 5 devices under one DStv subscription, one of which is your DStv decoder at home. Remember the intention of DStv Now is to give you the same experience you have at home, while you are on the go. This is why we're adding so many more channel to the live TV channels and you get an extended Catch Up catalogue.

On the app, you can go to Settings, then under Account, you will see Manage Devices. And web access through your PC or laptop counts as one device.
Old 2017-07-24 , 15:07
Changes remote batteries hourly

Or it could be an ad I think mentioned before about 5 concurrent live viewing environments - 3 at home (using dualview / XtraView), and two online devices (you can stream on 2 of any of the 4 registered at the same time).

The other 2 devices could be used to do downloads at the same time for later viewing.
Old 2017-07-24 , 16:11
MultiChoice

Hi @Optimist - I know exactly which ad he means - we'vehad some customer queries around it, so very familiar with it. It is definitely 5 devices - one being the decoder, and the other four a combination of PC, laptops, tablets and smartphones accessing DStv Now.

It has nothing to do with concurrent streams - when you log in on a device, it registers this device as one of the four. It does not matter if you are playing from all four, you can only have four devices registered at a time against DStv Now - hence the manage devices option.
Old 2017-07-24 , 16:36
Changes remote batteries hourly

Ok, thanks Marietjie.
A bit strange that they only refer to one decoder for the count as I would think that many that use DStv Now & web services have more than one decoder.
Old 2017-07-24 , 16:59

Maybe it's time for 4 devices per decoder
40Mb VDSL (ISP AH Capped Unshaped)
------------------------------------------
DSD1110 in holiday mode
DSTV Mobile via Drifta WiFi (S5& iPad)
Old 2017-07-24 , 17:00

Up to four MOBILE devices.
Up to three DECODERS.

That sounds like seven devices to me.

Unlimited COMPUTERS..

Basic maths would thus indicate that as infinite number of devices.

However, only TWO simultaneous (not via the decoder) streams are allowed. Sadly, the advert is fairly and typically misleading in this respect. It clearly shows four users (one on a computer) watching at the same time.

Is it even reasonable to assume that advertisers would be honest with what they are trying to depict these days?

Advert Here : Get DStv Premium - 5 devices 1 subscription

Also, the rules for adding/deleting devices is fairly archaic. SIX months? Really? The downloaded content is only valid for 48 hours once you've started watching it and is deleted automatically outside the catchup window.
Old 2017-08-12 , 15:29
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

I get "an error has occurred, try later" This on 2 iPads

On calling the help line, I am told that the Explora must be connected to the internet.

Why is this not properly explained?

You speak to 3 different people and get 3 different reasons why it does not work
Old 2017-08-13 , 20:46
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisc View Post
I get "an error has occurred, try later" This on 2 iPads

On calling the help line, I am told that the Explora must be connected to the internet.

Why is this not properly explained?

You speak to 3 different people and get 3 different reasons why it does not work
Hi chrisc

We've responded to your previous post.

Kindly refer to this thread http://forum.dstv.com/showthread.php?t=24598&page=16