Forum > Value Added Services > DStv Now > DSTV Now not compatible with Android Lollipo
Old 2015-01-11 , 19:33
AKA Gadgenator (Changes remote batteries daily)

The Galaxy S5 is getting the lollipop update sometime this month in South Africa

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk
Old 2015-01-14 , 12:36
4K, baby!

My Nexus-7 downloaded Lollipop this morning and I obviously let it do the upgrade as I was excited by the prospect of being an early adopter on the latest level OS; I had not seen this thread, so had no idea that the DSTV Now App is STILL not currently supported in Android 5.x.x

All other 187 installed Apps upgraded and work fine! There's a message here, I'm sure

My Galaxy S5 will be on Lollipop as soon as it has been released (imminently); so that's both my devices precluded from the DSTV service

News please MC - this is REALLY disappointing

Cheers, K.

Last edited by Sandtonman; 2015-01-14 at 12:43. .
Old 2015-01-14 , 12:44
MultiChoice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtonman View Post
My Nexus-7 downloaded Lollipop this morning and I obviously let it do the upgrade as I was excited by the prospect of being an early adopter on the latest level OS; I had not seen this thread, so had no idea that the DSTV Now App is STILL not currently supported in Android 5.x.x

All other 187 installed Apps upgraded and work fine! There's a message here, I'm sure

My Galaxy S5 will be on Lollipop as soon as it has been released (imminently); so that's both my devices precluded from the DSTV service

Cheers, K.
I know Keith, I'm really sorry. The holdup was with our DRM supplier which is in the process of delivering a version that supports Lollipop. I understand that the guys expect a new build in the next few weeks and we could potentially see an update by next month.
Old 2015-01-14 , 12:54
4K, baby!

Thanks for the rapid feedback, Nick and the estimated timescale. (Please tell Sharon to ignore the polite email I sent her )

Suffice it to say that this is a fairly critical shortfall as the type of folks who will be playing with this kind of MC technology are precisely the same people who will have the latest phones and tablets now ( or about to be) running Android-5

Cheers, K.

Last edited by Sandtonman; 2015-01-14 at 13:04. .
Old 2015-02-05 , 22:16
4K, baby!

Default Lollipop Rollout Galaxy S5

Hi Nick, the Lollipop rollout is now hitting the Galaxy S5 base, officially -- see pic
(Bootleg releases have been around for quite a while - but I've resisted temptation )
I will however be installing the official version as soon as MTN releases it. I'm sure that most of the other S5 users will be doing the same as Lollipop offers some significant improvements; plus it's the latest
Please can you give us an update on "DSTV Now App" support, for Lollipop; it's been 3-weeks since the last post.
Cheers, Keith.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lollipop on S5.jpg (227.2 KB, 18 views)

Last edited by Sandtonman; 2015-02-05 at 22:23. .
Old 2015-02-06 , 09:10
MultiChoice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtonman View Post
Hi Nick, the Lollipop rollout is now hitting the Galaxy S5 base, officially -- see pic
(Bootleg releases have been around for quite a while - but I've resisted temptation )
I will however be installing the official version as soon as MTN releases it. I'm sure that most of the other S5 users will be doing the same as Lollipop offers some significant improvements; plus it's the latest
Please can you give us an update on "DSTV Now App" support, for Lollipop; it's been 3-weeks since the last post.
Cheers, Keith.
Hi Keith,

I feel your pain.\

I've asked the product manager for feedback.

Cheers

Nic.
Old 2015-02-06 , 15:32
MultiChoice

Hi hi,

An update from the DStv Now product manager.

Quote:

We are well aware of the pressure to support Lollipop and it is a high
priority for the Android development team.

The delay is our Digital Rights Management (DRM) software as IT needs to
support Lollipop.

This version of DRM is expected in a weeks time. Once they receive that
they will complete some of the integration work and then testing.

I am hoping for approximately 3 - 4 weeks from today.

Cheers

Nic.
Old 2015-02-15 , 08:18
Changes remote batteries daily

Just upgraded my Note 4 and now getting the error.

I'm sorry but as a developer I find this completely unacceptable. This has been over two months and it's not like Google suddenly released android lollipop out of the blue. There have been pre-releases available for months. This should have been almost complete by the time lollipop was officially released.

It's the suppliers job to support the latest versions of the OS. They should have been giving you bets versions of the lollipop drm libraries do you could test months ago.

Sent from my SM-N910F
Old 2015-02-15 , 08:29
Changes remote batteries daily

This should be like when Windows 10 (which is a free upgrade) and DSTV announcing that the desktop player does not support it. There have been beta and release candidate versions available for months. The development team should be installing and testing on these versions.

If there are technical difficulties getting it to work on these versions, you have this forum and the download page to announce this way before the final version of the OS is released.

Sent from my SM-N910F
Old 2017-09-26 , 10:13
Still listens to the wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRay View Post
This should be like when Windows 10 (which is a free upgrade) and DSTV announcing that the desktop player does not support it. There have been beta and release candidate versions available for months. The development team should be installing and testing on these versions.

If there are technical difficulties getting it to work on these versions, you have this forum and the download page to announce this way before the final version of the OS is released.

Sent from my SM-N910F
Im still getting this error

Sent from my SM-N9200 using Tapatalk