Old 2009-03-27 , 07:34
Still listens to the wireless

Default HD signal lost on secondary TV

I have recently activated my Xtra view. Before that I was able to watch all channels (SD and HD) in the lounge where both my SDPVR and HDPVR is, and in the Bedroom Since the Xtraview was activated, I lost my HD signal that runs via RF to my Bedroom. My software configs are as follows.
Comm Port : RF out
Remote Port : TV1
Relay Remote Commands : On
Accept Relay Commands : On

My cabling are as follows :
From HD PVR - RF out to DC Pass splitter
From SD PVR - RF Out to DC Pass splitter.
From DC Pass splitter to Bedroom.
TV Link from Bedroom works on Both SD PVR channels. HD Channel in Bedroom is missing however. This worked fine untill the Xtraview activation. I tried playing around with the RF channels without success. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Old 2009-03-27 , 10:33
Technical Myriad

Quote:
Originally Posted by ym8016 View Post
I have recently activated my Xtra view. Before that I was able to watch all channels (SD and HD) in the lounge where both my SDPVR and HDPVR is, and in the Bedroom Since the Xtraview was activated, I lost my HD signal that runs via RF to my Bedroom. My software configs are as follows.
Comm Port : RF out
Remote Port : TV1
Relay Remote Commands : On
Accept Relay Commands : On

My cabling are as follows :
From HD PVR - RF out to DC Pass splitter
From SD PVR - RF Out to DC Pass splitter.
From DC Pass splitter to Bedroom.
TV Link from Bedroom works on Both SD PVR channels. HD Channel in Bedroom is missing however. This worked fine untill the Xtraview activation. I tried playing around with the RF channels without success. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
(1) The configs are on the HD PVR?
(2) The DC pass splitter: is it DC pass on both ports of the splitter or only one?
(3) have you verified that when XV was activated that somehow the default RF ch number was used and thta you remote TV is simply not tuned to pick up HD RF? Check this out by looking at the RF config on the HD decoder and then comparing that channel number to the one your remote TV is tuned to.
(4) IF it is DC pass on both , get hold of a DC block and intsall that between the HD decoder RF OUT and the splitter RF OUT. This has in the past on some installs cleared this issue.

@ C4 Still believe there are no issues with HD -SD combinations and the activation of XV?
Win 10 Pro (64-bit) version 1703, build 15063.138
1.2m antenna, 8-way universal LNB, 2x6 MS, FSM permanently connected.
MS Edge 40 with MSEdge HTML 15
Old 2009-03-27 , 11:16

Default Hd signal lost on secondary tv

(1) The configs are on the HD PVR.
(2) I presume it is DC pass on both ports of the splitter as I have swopped them around and my TV link in the Bedroom still works.
(3) I have played with the RF channel numbers changed it to different ones. It is definetely the SPVR that shows in the bedroom as I am changing channels in the bedroom and looking at my SPVR recordings there.
(4) Approx how much for a DC Block?

Also please advise that apart from a Remote blaster how can I change channels on the HDPVR in the remote Bedroom?
Your assistance is appreciated.
Old 2009-03-27 , 12:29
MultiChoice

You are / should be using installation 4B (without the kid's room).
If you are using the Installation Manual 2c (and also maybe the Signal Splitting Guide), I don't see where the problem can be.
I have that exact setup at home and I have had no issues since November last year.
XV has no influence on the RF channel, so it cannot possibly have stopped you from viewing the channel in the bedroom - there must have been a cable/ port change somewhere.
Old 2009-03-27 , 13:51

Default HD signal lost on secondary TV

I used exact the same settings and hardware configuration as mentioned.
I now purchased a RF splitter with one DC pass and connected that one to the RF 0ut on the SD PVR asi the TV link in the bedroom needs it. After doing this TV2 on SDPVR in the bedroom is snowy but HDPVR perfect.. If I revert back to the original splitter (SLX power) and drop the UHF channel on HDPVR lower I get a HD picture, although also snowy. Any suggestions?
Old 2009-03-27 , 15:05
Technical Myriad

Quote:
Originally Posted by ym8016 View Post
I used exact the same settings and hardware configuration as mentioned.

GD: in installation 4B as C4 pointed out?

I now purchased a RF splitter with one DC pass

GD: what make and what part number? any indication of the frequency band on the lable?

and connected that one to the RF 0ut on the SD PVR asi the TV link in the bedroom needs it. After doing this TV2 on SDPVR in the bedroom is snowy but HDPVR perfect.

GD: HD connection good, TV1 good, Tv2 snowy, TVLINK works = a bad connection, poor cables. It is really very unlikely that you would have that drastic a change from a good picture for both TV1 and TV2 and now the one is markedly worse than before.

Don't forget to make sure that you maintain the HB signal during all of this!

If I revert back to the original splitter (SLX power)

GD: Now you tell us that it is a SLX powered splitter! Which one? a 2,3 or 4 output port?

and drop the UHF channel on HDPVR lower I get a HD picture, although also snowy.

GD: Yes the lower the channel number you choose the better the signals tend to be: sowy pictures = poor RF signal levels due to high losses = bad connectors, lose connectors or poor cables

Any suggestions?
(1) Loose or bad connections! or poor cables are a possibility, you must eliminate this a a cause before anything else!
(2) I strongly suggest you look at C4's document on splitting and combining!
(3) We are assuming you are using the RF OUT port on the HD and the RF OUT port on the SD for the HB signal.
Then according to C4's document you need to combine these two signals with a splitter used a combiner, BEFORE feeding into a SLX (powered) type splitter INPUT
Choose the lowest possible RF frequencies for the TV1 on the HD and the TV1 and TV2 on the SD, as most older splitters and combiners do perfom much worse at the higher channel number frequencies.
Old 2011-05-31 , 12:25
Still gets up to change channels

Cool

all sounds good but please explain to me, how and why i can be watching for 4 or 5 days and all of a sudden loose my hb. if this is insallation required surely it would be a present fault all the time and hence no hb would be sent.
Primary decoder - HD PVR 4 Tuner, Secondary decoder SD PVR, Primary tv samsung 42" plasma via HDMI and RF input from slx 4 splitter fed via t-piece on heartbeat cable. HDMI via yamaha amp nice noise!!!
Old 2011-06-01 , 14:48
MultiChoice

It certainly seems strange but there could be a bunch of stuff - somebody cleaned and pulled a wire/ bumped a connector or cable got bent just a little too far. Maybe some water got into the cable and causes an intermittent problem, or it could be heat related.
Old 2011-06-01 , 16:38
Still gets up to change channels

Unhappy

i could certainly re do all terminatons even on dual lnb and see if that makes a difference cos im sure it shouldnt be doing that!!!! i have both decoders on top of each other with a spacer in between i am very cautious regarding th heat factor, i am aware of the heat mitted from the decoders so i doubt its that. its almst like every 7th hb signal then my sd pvr flashes a red light on the fp briefley then goes away........
Primary decoder - HD PVR 4 Tuner, Secondary decoder SD PVR, Primary tv samsung 42" plasma via HDMI and RF input from slx 4 splitter fed via t-piece on heartbeat cable. HDMI via yamaha amp nice noise!!!
Old 2011-06-02 , 09:03
Technical Myriad

Quote:
Originally Posted by garethley View Post
i could certainly re do all terminatons even on dual lnb and see if that makes a difference cos im sure it shouldnt be doing that!!!! i have both decoders on top of each other with a spacer in between i am very cautious regarding th heat factor, i am aware of the heat mitted from the decoders so i doubt its that. its almst like every 7th hb signal then my sd pvr flashes a red light on the fp briefley then goes away........

see this thread http://forum.dstv.com/showthread.php?t=12214