Old 2017-08-13 , 19:49
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisc View Post
I have 2 iPads registered. In CT I have an 8mb line, in Montagu a 4mb line

All I see upon tapping on the Play button is "an error has occured, please try again"

What does this mean please?
Hi chrisc

Apologies for the hold up.

Are you getting the error on Live TV or CU? Were you able to stream before? Kindly confirm the App version, device name and model to assist.
Old 2017-08-13 , 20:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by amerrycan View Post
I've been trying to download some shows today on the DStv Now app to watch later, but keep getting the (not so helpful) error: "Error. An error occurred"

I have tried all available episodes of the following:
The night of
Quantico
Bull
Outlander
Blue bloods
Celebrity apprentice

I am able to download: Bosch and Good karma hospital

Since some shows can download, it cannot be my internet connection or the app (I tried from different mobile devices as well on different connections using the latest app versions on iOS)

Can somebody from MC please fix this
Hi amerrycan

Kindly confirm the device used and the App version (iOS). Also include the screenshot of the error to assist.
Old 2017-08-17 , 16:52
Knows how to use a remote

Hi MC Grace, I have sent you a PM with details - apologies for the delayed response
Old 2017-08-17 , 17:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Grace View Post
Hi chrisc

Apologies for the hold up.

Are you getting the error on Live TV or CU? Were you able to stream before? Kindly confirm the App version, device name and model to assist.
It is Live TV, I have never used Catchup

I have not been able to successfully use it. If I do get a TV picture, it is a still with no sound

It is an iPad 4, the version is 7.8.0

Another question:

Where is there something to read to show how to operate it? Apart from myself, I have several friends and acquaintances that would like to use it but do not have the first clue how to start.

Being told "it is intuitive" is no help. Turning on a tap and watching the water come out is intuitive. I was with a lady and she phoned the help line to find out what to do. I was listening on the speaker-phone and it was very clear that this operator did not have the faintest clue

Do DSTV customers need to be techies to know how to watch TV? If you introduce a product that needs some expertise to use, for goodness sake train staff so that they know how to answer questions. Another thing - why is it necessary to go through a whole lot of security questions, only to be told that the questions you are asking are dealt with by someone else? You then start all over again. This is incredibly frustrating and I have seen people scream due to the way they are treated
Old 2017-08-20 , 10:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisc View Post
It is Live TV, I have never used Catchup

I have not been able to successfully use it. If I do get a TV picture, it is a still with no sound

It is an iPad 4, the version is 7.8.0

Another question:

Where is there something to read to show how to operate it? Apart from myself, I have several friends and acquaintances that would like to use it but do not have the first clue how to start.

Being told "it is intuitive" is no help. Turning on a tap and watching the water come out is intuitive. I was with a lady and she phoned the help line to find out what to do. I was listening on the speaker-phone and it was very clear that this operator did not have the faintest clue

Do DSTV customers need to be techies to know how to watch TV? If you introduce a product that needs some expertise to use, for goodness sake train staff so that they know how to answer questions. Another thing - why is it necessary to go through a whole lot of security questions, only to be told that the questions you are asking are dealt with by someone else? You then start all over again. This is incredibly frustrating and I have seen people scream due to the way they are treated
Hi chrisc

So sorry for the frustration .

I have escalated to our platforms and online teams to assist. Kindly PM your email address and contact details to share with the team.