Forum > DStv Forum Archive (12 May 2014) > DStv Products > HD PVR > Time-Based Recordings are failing [Uganda]

Old 2010-06-04 , 15:18
Technical Myriad

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayanja View Post
Actually - the horizontal channel of Universal (108) has a strength of 93%, quality 90%. The next channel, TCM (109) which is vertical according to the signal status has 98%/90%. M-Net HD also has 98%/90% (and vertical).

I should note though that the weather has changed, and that it may rain at any time.

I can tune into all the channels. I don't get any square blocks or anything during normal weather.

I take that based on that, the antenna should be re-aligned?

Thanks for all the help.

~M~
I would suggest that you should consider making sure (but in good weather conditions) that the antenna alignment, especially the skew angle is optimum
Win 10 Pro (64-bit) version 1703, build 15063.138
1.2m antenna, 8-way universal LNB, 2x6 MS, FSM permanently connected.
MS Edge 40 with MSEdge HTML 15
Old 2010-06-06 , 16:49
Still listens to the wireless

I have tried to increase the signal quality with the help of an installer, but it didn't work much. I was not able to get a signal quality better than 90%. I will let you know via this thread whether there are any improvements.

Thanks for the help.

~M~

Tags
epg, hd pvr, recording