Forum > DStv Forum Archive (12 May 2014) > DStv Products > SD PVR > Incomplete recordings all of a sudden
Old 2008-12-02 , 21:09
Still listens to the wireless

Exclamation Incomplete recordings all of a sudden

Hi there

Over the last 2 weeks I have started getting incomplete recordings (Event Based)
Its almost as if the decoder is starting to record too soon and then not getting the entire show, or that Multichoice's schedule is incorrect.

Is this a problem with my decoder, or Multichoice?

BTW my fan is also VERY noisy lately, does this get replaced under the decoder care contract, or will they swap my decoder resulting in loss of all recordings?

Thanks
Alan
Old 2008-12-02 , 21:19
MultiChoice

Hi Alan
I have the SD PVR at home and haven't noticed this.
The PVR is 100% reliant on EPG schedules, so I highly recommend checking the schedules daily. An easy check is to highlight each scheduled recording in the PVR Schedule screen and press i. If there has been a change you should see this on the extended information screen. I do this most mornings and seem to have a good success rate in terms of "full" recordings. No, not ideal - but does improve your experience.
Wrt the fan - afaik, they should be able to replace the fan, thus saving your recorings. Not sure which is your nearest branch or agent, you could however also call them to get confirmation.
Old 2008-12-03 , 09:30
Still listens to the wireless

Thanks for the response.

I reset my decoder after the upgrade last night, and will see if the problem persists.

WRT the fan, I will try and make a plan to go into Randburg to see if they can fix it for me.

Cheers
Alan
Old 2008-12-03 , 10:13
Technical Myriad

(1) The SD PVR is very dependent on the EPG data, so glitches do sneak in.

(2) EBRs do NOT update by themselves without "event tracking" activated so if there has been a major time change you will lose content - only way out is to verify the times and delete and redo the EBR affected.
(3) TBRs by definition do not chnage timing unless you do so, so the same applies.
(4) The real problem is when channels are added and deleted, then TBRs are affected and we normally become aware of these after you have recorded the wrong content. The only way out is to "edit" every TBR set
(5) Certainly the agencies in PTA DO NOT do on site fan replacements! - give you a replacement SD PVR = lost recordings. IF the SD PVR is not covered by a maintenance plan and is out of warrenty, then do it youreslf or get someone in your area that knows about these things to do it for you. Look at the forum and the wiki for data on what and where to get new fans.
Win 10 Pro (64-bit) version 1703, build 15063.138
1.2m antenna, 8-way universal LNB, 2x6 MS, FSM permanently connected.
MS Edge 40 with MSEdge HTML 15
Old 2008-12-03 , 10:28
MultiChoice

Default SD PVR Recording Wrong Channels

@ GeoffD

The dependency of TBRs on the EPG data has been changed on the latest L21 SD PVR software. That is, TBRs are now using the service list instead of the EPG data on the latest software (L21).

This dependency was causing problems before as the EPG data would sometimes get out of synch with the service list, which would end up causing the SD PVR to record wrong channels when channels were added/deleted. This should no longer be the case in the new software.

Kind regards
Old 2008-12-03 , 10:35
Changes remote batteries daily

Ok this is a step up!
90cm dish; LMX502 ; Explora as Primary in lounge, HD-PVR2 in flat; XV heartbeat via RF outs; Samsung 60LED7000 via HDMI and Sony 42" 576p panel via composite; Flat has 32" Hi-Sense. Denon AVRX1100 configured for 5.1; Sony BluRay; WD media player; All using HDMI/optical/coax.
Old 2008-12-03 , 10:37
Changes remote batteries daily

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCA itv View Post
The PVR is 100% reliant on EPG schedules, so I highly recommend checking the schedules daily
Surely the whole point of the PVR is to record stuff when you're away? In which case it is impossible to check the schedule every day.

This EPG stuff really needs to get sorted out. The solution, as we all know, is correct event tracking. This would solve 99% of the problems.
Old 2008-12-03 , 11:29
Technical Myriad

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon View Post
Surely the whole point of the PVR is to record stuff when you're away? In which case it is impossible to check the schedule every day.

This EPG stuff really needs to get sorted out. The solution, as we all know, is correct event tracking. This would solve 99% of the problems.
Yes it is! and yes we all agree! and yes the EPG problems need ot be sorted out and yes event trackning is the best answer available so far but as you can see from the forum it is an on going battle to get any action on this particular item!
Win 10 Pro (64-bit) version 1703, build 15063.138
1.2m antenna, 8-way universal LNB, 2x6 MS, FSM permanently connected.
MS Edge 40 with MSEdge HTML 15
Tags
pvr, recording, time