Forum > Decoders > PVR Decoders > Recording problems with DSTV Explora
Old 2014-10-10 , 08:20
Still gets up to change channels

Angry Recording problems with DSTV Explora

Hi

I went away for two weeks and set my DSTV Explora to record a number of series while I was away. Everything worked smoothly until Saturday, when 95% of the recordings have not recorded.

The section titled 'failed recordings' gives the reason for each failure as being 'Programme information not found'.

When I returned on Tuesday I did a hard reset. A couple of series recorded but again some didn't.

This morning I did another hard reset and now there is no information showing in the EPG, Boxoffice or DSTV Catchup. I did another hard reset and the same thing shows. Also the Explora is making a ticking noise this morning, which I haven't noticed before.

Please help. I have 108 recordings on the Explora and don't want to lose them. I've lost many recordings with previous problems with old decoders, which is the reason I sprang for the Explora, thinking this won't happen anymore.
Old 2014-10-10 , 11:27
Technical Myriad

Please provide us with some more detail on your install. It sounds as if you have an overheating problem on your hands here. ALL the decoders require very good air circulation to prevent overheating. Overheating causes the HDD first to cut out, not because they are faulty but simply as a protection measure. There are other portions of the circuitry that also have protection measure in place.

The ticking noise suggests an issue with the fan. If it is the fan, then a swop may be the only way out.
Win 10 Pro (64-bit) version 1703, build 15063.138
1.2m antenna, 8-way universal LNB, 2x6 MS, FSM permanently connected.
MS Edge 40 with MSEdge HTML 15
Old 2014-10-10 , 11:46
Still gets up to change channels

Thanks Geoff, that's what I was afraid of. Really not keen to swop out for a reconditioned unit when mine is less than a year old.

And I'll lose all my recordings
Tags
dstv, explora, hard drive, recording