Forum > DStv Forum Archive (12 May 2014) > DStv Products > HD PVR > New software on Pace feedback and Bugs

Old 2011-05-23 , 15:54
Changes remote batteries daily

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Brenda View Post
The impact of downloading this software was tested and NO impact to recordings (either existing or scheduled were found). This may be unrelated.
Could we please have a Sticky about the new software release.
Whats new, what changed and what was fixed.
Or will we now in future not get that anymore.
Old 2011-05-23 , 16:08
MultiChoice

See feedback above re: changes. This is a maintenance build. Most customers are unlikely to note the change. Once the software has gone out for the UEC, I will post a sticky with latest software versions.
Old 2011-05-23 , 16:29
4K, baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff D View Post
Bug number 068 reported by Dominic and verified by myself within days of the PACE 4 Tuners original release -- never been resolved

Nothing to do with the latest s/w roll-out --- The replacment 4 tuner decoder I got from MC behaves the same and has the same sorting hassles
OK Geoff D you have the documentation etc relating to this particular problem but I could swear that with my decoder this only came to light a couple of days ago. However, once before I got myself into trouble by swearing about something only to be told I was wrong so I'll be quiet and go away now.
Old 2011-05-23 , 16:42
MultiChoice

@BeetleBailey - one of the causes that we've picked up relates to any recording starting with something other than a letter (example a number). When the sort function finds that one, it seems to kick of a new A-Z listing. Appreciate you reporting it though.
Old 2011-05-23 , 17:13
Changes remote batteries daily

Quote:
See feedback above re: changes. This is a maintenance build. Most customers are unlikely to note the change. Once the software has gone out for the UEC, I will post a sticky with latest software versions.
It is a bit sad to see that a maintenance release actually have new enhancements in.
And a year has gone buy with out any new feature release specifically for new enhancements.
Old 2011-05-23 , 23:38
Technical Myriad

Quote:
@BeetleBailey - one of the causes that we've picked up relates to any recording starting with something other than a letter (example a number). When the sort function finds that one, it seems to kick of a new A-Z listing. Appreciate you reporting it though.
Are you saying that there are hidden characters in the descriptions?
I have not seen a description that starts with a number?
yet I have plenty examples of where the sorting does not work correctly.

There is one on the UEC at the moment

Channel BBC K 29/04 plenty of Wedding items, all were recorded off the EPG (not using TBRs).

And then I have standing "Who wants to be a ......." series recordings, 3 of them as there are 3 series running on BBC E

The sorting A-Z ends up with all items in alphabetical order except for the "Who Wants ........"

One Wedding item is listed and then all the "Who Wants ......." and the "Wedding" list continues after the "Who Wants"

The same situation exists with the CSIs [CSI, CSI Miami and CSI New York]

They are all mixed up in a group of "Cs"

NONE of them starts with a Number and all have a first letter that is a Alphabetical Character --- so why do these sort incorrectly??

None of the above descriptions have been edited either. So if there are other characters in the descriptions, these have come along from the EPG descriptions and are not visible in the list? ----

If the above is true someone or something is messing up the EPG data,

OR

Whoever was responsible for writing the sort code, does not know how to write sort code using charcters defined by their ANSI equivalents.
Win 10 Pro (64-bit) version 1703, build 15063.138
1.2m antenna, 8-way universal LNB, 2x6 MS, FSM permanently connected.
MS Edge 40 with MSEdge HTML 15

Last edited by Geoff D; 2011-05-23 at 23:40. .
Old 2011-05-24 , 12:32
MultiChoice

@GeoffD - you may have misread my post. I didn't say it was the only reason.
And yes, there are programmes that start with non alpha characters (very few). In addition, don't forget that customers can rename titles (and also create their own title when naming TBRs).
Old 2011-05-24 , 12:53
4K, baby!

One of the programs saved was the movie "10 Rillington Place". Shows were apparently saved in alphabetical order up to this one which then started a new alphabetical listing. Strange though that I've had this movie on my schedule for month's without any problem with the sorting. However, I have now watched this movie and removed it from my saved programs. As this is, or was, the only one with a number I'm curious to see what happens when I reschedule it later tonight.
Old 2011-05-24 , 13:08
Technical Myriad

Quote:
@GeoffD - you may have misread my post. I didn't say it was the only reason.
And yes, there are programmes that start with non alpha characters (very few). In addition, don't forget that customers can rename titles (and also create their own title when naming TBRs).
No programmes that I am aware of have non-alpha start characters in my list at the moment.
Yes agreed, editing the description can cause chaos = why I said currently my list entries have not been edited/renamed.

When the Peter Sellers special was on TCM, I edited the titles to be Pink Panther yyyy where yyyy was the year of production. that list refused to sort no matter what I did, not even when I removed "years"

The recordings were scattered all through the rest of the recorded list. - and some never moved in relation to the others, even when sorting in date order - oldest or newest.
Win 10 Pro (64-bit) version 1703, build 15063.138
1.2m antenna, 8-way universal LNB, 2x6 MS, FSM permanently connected.
MS Edge 40 with MSEdge HTML 15

Last edited by Geoff D; 2011-05-24 at 13:13. .
Old 2011-05-24 , 13:10
4K, baby!

One of the programs saved was the movie "10 Rillington Place". Shows were apparently saved in alphabetical order up to this one which then started a new alphabetical listing. Strange though that I've had this movie on my schedule for months without any problem with the sorting. However, I have now watched this movie and removed it from my saved programs. As this is, or was, the only one starting with a number I'm curious to see what happens when I resort tonight.

Tags
recording, sorting