Forum > DStv Forum Archive (12 May 2014) > DStv Products > HD PVR > New software on Pace feedback and Bugs

Old 2011-05-21 , 19:20
Knows how to use a remote

Default New software on Pace feedback and Bugs

Hallo
Two days since the update and no one has started a thread about the Bugs!

First time for everything...

Not a big bug but something I should note:
When using the i plate to go to the start of a program in the buffer, on OK the decoder gives the following message:
"This reminder could not be set because: This program has already started"
Old 2011-05-22 , 00:27
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

Apart from the fact I had to delete and reset all my serial rcordings, they were still listed but failed to record, it seems to be business as usual. I don't see much change.

One apparent improvement is that the programmes in the TV Guide load faster and where the loading used to freeze before, requiring me to switch off and switch on to get them to start loading again, this hasn't happened since the update.

Channel changing is slower though. From pressing P+ or P- it takes about 10 seconds of hiccupping for the next channel to settle down and play cleanly.

I'm also now getting freezes for up to 30 seconds after pressing 'Exit' from viewing programme content or working on the serial recordings screen. This is intermittent and not every time. Enough to be annoying though.

I sometimes wish for the good old days, about a year or more back, when there were less 'features' but normal day-to-day use was much quicker and more reliable.
Old 2011-05-22 , 21:59
4K, baby!

Could this be a bug or am I doing something wrong?

I have a number of recorded programs stored on my HD Pace 4 Decoder but have experienced a problem when trying to get these into some sort of order. In the past I could arrange these programs in alphabetical, date or some sort of order.
I now don't seem to be able to do this.

Whenever I select the white button on the remote to arrange or sort the programs into the order that I want them to be I get a menu showing me the title of the program that would automatically be highlighted, the option to change the title and one or two other options including arranging the programs from A - Z or Z - A. However, when selecting these options nothing seems to happen!!!

What am I doing wrong and can someone please assist me.

Thanks
Old 2011-05-23 , 08:56
Technical Myriad

Quote:
Originally Posted by beetle bailey View Post
Could this be a bug or am I doing something wrong?

I have a number of recorded programs stored on my HD Pace 4 Decoder but have experienced a problem when trying to get these into some sort of order. In the past I could arrange these programs in alphabetical, date or some sort of order.
I now don't seem to be able to do this.

Whenever I select the white button on the remote to arrange or sort the programs into the order that I want them to be I get a menu showing me the title of the program that would automatically be highlighted, the option to change the title and one or two other options including arranging the programs from A - Z or Z - A. However, when selecting these options nothing seems to happen!!!

What am I doing wrong and can someone please assist me.

Thanks
No you are not wrong in that the "sorting" option do not work properly ----- but it has always been like that, so it is not anything new.

I have "old" and "new" recordings, all started/made at different times, which sort themselves in "groups". In other words:

GroupA: all made say 3 months ago: all sort "A-Z" correctly.
GroupB: all made say 2 weeks ago: all sort "A-Z" correctly but in a separate group.
GroupC: all made last week: all sort "A-Z" correctly in another group.

Names the same, but with season and series number added by me after they have recorded.

So say you have all the "merlins" recorded. The chances are seasons will all be in separate "groups"

We have reported that the sorting does not work from day one, and BTW even on the SD decoder -- MC never got sorting to work 100% correct - it is still a problem.
Win 10 Pro (64-bit) version 1703, build 15063.138
1.2m antenna, 8-way universal LNB, 2x6 MS, FSM permanently connected.
MS Edge 40 with MSEdge HTML 15

Last edited by Geoff D; 2011-05-23 at 09:58. .
Old 2011-05-23 , 09:36
Still listens to the wireless

Default Recording List Sorting

The recording list sorting seem to have a problem.

The sorting makes no sense. I select the A-Z option using the white button, but the recordings are still not grouped alpabetically.

Any idea as to what this issue is?
Old 2011-05-23 , 10:01
Technical Myriad

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrKoos View Post

The sorting makes no sense. I select the A-Z option using the white button, but the recordings are still not grouped alpabetically.

Which decoder? PACE HDPVR 2P and PACE HDPVR 4 tuner both have sorting hassles, and have always had those issues.
The UEC HD PVR also has sorting issues but different ones.

See this thread http://forum.dstv.com/showpost.php?p=90763&postcount=4

Try and "sort" in date order oldest first, then select an item again and resort "A-Z" again. Sometimes it works and it gets items listed together with the oldest item first but in alphabeical order.

Last edited by Geoff D; 2011-05-23 at 12:35. .
Old 2011-05-23 , 12:00
4K, baby!

Geoff D I've had my decoder for over a year now, the Pace 4 tuner, and have never experienced this problem before. It's only recently that I have noticed this problem.
Old 2011-05-23 , 12:03
4K, baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrKoos View Post

Exactly what I have been experiencing for the past few days. Never had this problem before when it was possible to sort by date or alphabet. Now everything is all over the place. Please Multichoice sort this out as a matter of urgency.
Old 2011-05-23 , 12:33
Technical Myriad

Quote:
Originally Posted by beetle bailey View Post
Geoff D I've had my decoder for over a year now, the Pace 4 tuner, and have never experienced this problem before. It's only recently that I have noticed this problem.
Bug number 068 reported by Dominic and verified by myself within days of the PACE 4 Tuners original release -- never been resolved

Nothing to do with the latest s/w roll-out --- The replacment 4 tuner decoder I got from MC behaves the same and has the same sorting hassles
Old 2011-05-23 , 14:26
MultiChoice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug_Dread View Post
Apart from the fact I had to delete and reset all my serial rcordings, they were still listed but failed to record, it seems to be business as usual. I don't see much change.
The impact of downloading this software was tested and NO impact to recordings (either existing or scheduled were found). This may be unrelated.

Tags
recording, sorting