Forum > DStv Forum Archive (12 May 2014) > DStv Products > HD PVR > HD PVR 2P - no sound on recordings

Old 2010-10-06 , 11:16
Changes remote batteries hourly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Brenda (ex iTV) View Post
.. also move this thread to the HD PVR section. Thanks for the heads up Mr Walker : )
Thanks for moving and my pleasure.

G
Old 2010-10-06 , 11:22
Technical Myriad

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartw View Post
Hi, the sound always stops at the same point if I rewind or play from the beginning. If I let it play 1 or 2 seconds past that point then stop and resume play via the menu it plays normally again, but I always have to stop to get the sound back.
On one specific recording or on many?
Old 2010-10-08 , 06:43
Still gets up to change channels

Geoff, had this on 2 recordings in the past week.
Old 2010-10-08 , 08:25
Changes remote batteries hourly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartw View Post
Geoff, had this on 2 recordings in the past week.
I am going to take a guess you have an installation issue or faulty unit. I would take unit in for testing at Randburg. They likely to swap unit so watch your recordings. Pls describe your install and confirm you have your own dish and the size and not a common dish in a complex. Also I include signal strength and quality on 101,201.260,172 on both tuners.

G

Last edited by gwalker; 2010-10-08 at 08:28. .
Old 2010-10-08 , 09:10
MultiChoice

Hi all!

Thank you for posting on this issue. I have sent Bartw and Chrisvdh some private messages with some specific questions that are vital in investigating this issue further.

If you also are experiencing sound loss on playback of recordings on your HD PVR 2P can you please send the following information to Fieldtrials@multichoice.co.za for the attention of MC Themba with the subject sentence ' Sound loss on Playback (HD PVR 2P).
1. How often is this behavior observed? (e.g. on every 2/12 recordings etc.)
2. Do you ever observe the sound loss at exactly the same point again when stopping playback and then resuming playback?
3. Does stopping playback, exiting the Playlist , re-launching the Playlist, and resuming Playback always restore the sound? If Not what are the steps to recover sound?
5. Does resetting/rebooting the decoder restore the sound?
6. Can you please also let us know the tittles, channel names, dates and times, and type(s) of the recordings on which this behavior was observed? By recording type we mean recurring/single Time based recording or series recording or event based recording.
7. Does this only happen on playback that is started from exactly the beginning (including the safety net)?

Your response will be greatly appreciated as this is vital information for investigating this issue further.

Thanks
MC Themba

Last edited by MC Themba; 2010-10-08 at 09:34. . Reason: Additional information

Tags
pvr sound, recording