Old 2012-07-10 , 15:29
Still listens to the wireless

Default PVR Sort Order

I've searched this forum but haven't managed to find an answer to this...

After a software update (several months ago) the sort order on PVR recordings doesn't work properly. When sorting by A-Z the recordings are grouped (sort of) but not alphabetically. They start at some random letter like "T" through Z and then the "A" recordings start but there can be several batches like this.

Also, the recordings that are grouped are in no particular order, they used to be order by date recorded but now the just appear randomly grouped. Any idea when this bug is going to be fixed?
Old 2012-07-10 , 16:28
Technical Myriad

Actually, the sort oder on the decoders has NEVER worked properly ( SD PVR and HD PVRs). It would seem the programmers did not pass programmining 101 .

Over the years we have had many many funnies .
MC have also not acknowledged the bugs either.

Agreed it seemed in the past that the sort would be A-Z then in date order.

However going through my log files I find many examples before the last few s/w upgrades where this did not work like that.

I confirm you obeservations. The sort order start all over the place. I have 3 sep list on my HD pVR at the moment, 2 start at "A" and one starting at "O".
The breaks seem to roughly correlate with a s/w update, where there are "lists before and after the update

As to a fix??
Win 10 Pro (64-bit) version 1703, build 15063.138
1.2m antenna, 8-way universal LNB, 2x6 MS, FSM permanently connected.
MS Edge 40 with MSEdge HTML 15
Old 2012-07-10 , 16:42
Still listens to the wireless

That's exactly what I thought, it's not that difficult: SELECT [title] FROM [movielist] ORDER BY [name], [date]

There is nothing worse than watching a recorded series and after 3 episodes realising you watched them in the wrong order, except maybe having to watch 16:9 content in 4:3 on a 16:9 screen giving you 30" from your 42" plasma.
Old 2012-07-10 , 16:56
Changes remote batteries hourly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grrrrr View Post
That's exactly what I thought, it's not that difficult: SELECT [title] FROM [movielist] ORDER BY [name], [date]

There is nothing worse than watching a recorded series and after 3 episodes realising you watched them in the wrong order, except maybe having to watch 16:9 content in 4:3 on a 16:9 screen giving you 30" from your 42" plasma.
That assumes SQL on the unit. And movielist should be record list.
The system is NOT object orientated and is be rewritten from scratch available next year!

G