Forum > DStv Forum Archive (12 May 2014) > DStv Products > HD PVR > Recording Conflicts / Series Recording All MESSED UP
Old 2011-10-10 , 21:40
Knows how to use a remote

Default Recording Conflicts / Series Recording All MESSED UP

I am not the only person to report problems with series recording which started recently, apparently due to Multichoice adding new channels.

I have only come to notice tonight just how much of a mess it actually is.

As far as recording conflicts goes, you can see from the image that the HD-PVR has allowed me to record 5 programs on 5 different channels which all conflict with each other.

As far as these supposed channel changes goes you can also see in the image how some channels appear as 0.

As far as series recording goes, quite a number of my scheduled series recordings simply do NOT ever record. At the times they are set to record there is nothing else scheduled, so there is no conflict, not that your conflict resolution system is worth anything anyway.

This is absolute bollocks !!! You should be ashamed that you charge money for this rubbish. Your programmers who write the HD-PVR software should be fired and you should hire a team that can actually do the job. These forums are filled with complaints but NOTHING is ever being fixed, you released a new software update a few weeks ago which fixed NOTHING, it seems the only solution you guys ever have is to continually tell customers to reboot their decoders but hey guess what, starting two weeks ago your decoders just reboot by themselves.

Shameful.
Old 2011-10-10 , 23:08
Changes remote batteries daily

Do you have the Pace 4t, UEC or Pace 2P?
Old 2011-10-11 , 07:02
A big, eagle-eyed baobab.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankie View Post
Do you have the Pace 4t, UEC or Pace 2P?
I think I spot a 2P under the TV on 401 which matches the TV
Old 2011-10-11 , 07:56
MultiChoice

HI

i have forwarded this to the team
please confirm which decoder you have

thanks
Old 2011-10-11 , 08:49
Knows how to use a remote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merv G View Post
Well spotted Merv, yes indeed it is the 2P
Old 2011-10-11 , 10:32
Changes remote batteries daily

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merv G View Post
LOL - I don't really know what a 2P looks like.
Old 2011-10-11 , 14:28
MultiChoice

this issue is logged for investigation:

Possible solution will be to perform a 'Hard Drive Format' and then a 'Reset to Factory Defaults'. This will clear everything scheduled to record and also what's recorded on the playlist. The 'reset to factory defaults' will also affect the user settings, so the suggestion is to take note of the user settings before performing this process
Old 2011-10-11 , 15:09
Technical Myriad

Quote:
Originally Posted by deesteevee View Post
I am not the only person to report problems with series recording which started recently, apparently due to Multichoice adding new channels.

I have only come to notice tonight just how much of a mess it actually is.

As far as recording conflicts goes, you can see from the image that the HD-PVR has allowed me to record 5 programs on 5 different channels which all conflict with each other.

As far as these supposed channel changes goes you can also see in the image how some channels appear as 0.

As far as series recording goes, quite a number of my scheduled series recordings simply do NOT ever record. At the times they are set to record there is nothing else scheduled, so there is no conflict, not that your conflict resolution system is worth anything anyway.

This is absolute bollocks !!! You should be ashamed that you charge money for this rubbish. Your programmers who write the HD-PVR software should be fired and you should hire a team that can actually do the job. These forums are filled with complaints but NOTHING is ever being fixed, you released a new software update a few weeks ago which fixed NOTHING, it seems the only solution you guys ever have is to continually tell customers to reboot their decoders but hey guess what, starting two weeks ago your decoders just reboot by themselves.

Shameful.
It depends on how you are setting the recordings and what program you choose as to how the s/w reacts. Unfortunately, you need to really study the manual on how recordings are set and then go through a few months of hassles to get familiar with what the s/w is likely to do at any one moment.

EBRs selected from the EPG:

(1) Once off settings should repoart conflicts immediately.
(2) Recurring settings involving non series settings may or may not report conflicts immediately, as the decoder only sets the actual setting 24 hours before the event and you may have set the recording long before then.
(3) Series recordings definitely will niot report the conflicts until 24 hours before the event, and then you need to be at the decoder to see the conflicts reported (Yellow triangles), resolve them your self, or leave tourself open to the internal conflict resolution rules, which are at best very unpredictable

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Fathima View Post
this issue is logged for investigation:

Possible solution will be to perform a 'Hard Drive Format' and then a 'Reset to Factory Defaults'. This will clear everything scheduled to record and also what's recorded on the playlist. The 'reset to factory defaults' will also affect the user settings, so the suggestion is to take note of the user settings before performing this process
What is there to investigate that your team already don't know??

All the advice to do HDD formats and factory resest will not reolve anything about the issues related to scheduling recordings --- the s/w on the 2P ( based on what I see on my daughter's 2P) is really way below par even when compared to the s/w on the 4T decoders, which is in itself not all that hot.

The 4T tuners have record 2 that helps one hellava lot with resolving conflicts.

The issue is the process being followed to add /remove channels --- it makes a mess of the EPG and causes untold chaos for anyone who has set recordings before the changes.

Just manage the the EPG generation process better!
Win 10 Pro (64-bit) version 1703, build 15063.138
1.2m antenna, 8-way universal LNB, 2x6 MS, FSM permanently connected.
MS Edge 40 with MSEdge HTML 15

Last edited by Geoff D; 2011-10-11 at 15:13. .
Tags
conflicts, hdpvr, recording, scheduling, series