Forum > Decoders > PVR Decoders > Finding new season on the Explora
Old 2018-03-01 , 14:47
4K, baby!
Default Finding new season on the Explora

Due to a SERIOUS lack of info regarding new series/season on channels other than those belonging to the M-Net group (and even some of those), I found out last night that I have missed the 1st episodes of Coast New Zealand Season 2 (BBC Earth) as well as Live At The Apollo Season 13 (BBC Brit). It was also only by accident that I stumbled onto the start of Top Gear (BBC Brit) last week.

This made me decide that I will now have to - on a weekly basis - use the Search/Series/New Season function on the Explora and page through 10 pages to make sure I don't miss out. Alas, even that is of no help as these type of shows do not reflect using that function!

This search function only picks up programs tagged as SERIES, while shows like these and The Graham Norton Show are tagged as SHOWS or ACTUALITY. So there is no way WHATSOEVER to use the search function and pick up when new season of these types of shows are starting unless you search for each show by TITLE each and every week???

SERIOUS flaw considering the amount of content updates we get for these channels.
Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora 1 (Primary) & HDPVR 2P (Secondary) in lounge, Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture and audio via Onkyo TX-NR626 receiver, Samsung BD-F7500 3D Blu-Ray player. Explora 1 in bedroom with HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV.
Old 2018-03-01 , 17:04
Changes remote batteries hourly

Since you've brought this up as a main topic, and past suggestions (related anyway) have gone by undeveloped, I've been thinking what would be the simplest solution for this.

Why not give us a simple text-search list MC:

The user enters their search string in the same way as with the Word Search, for searching titles only.
The down-arrow takes one to the next line, let's say up to 50 of them.
There's simple key-commands to clear a line, or all of it with a password. Otherwise it's never touched except during a full HDD format.

I would add proper editing features, and maybe an on/off marker for each line, but let's take it slow to start.

After every maintenance reboot the decoder searches for each search line, leaves an icon on any line with positive results which is accessed with the OK button on that line.
The whole search exercise delivers a brief completed-notification on screen if there are any results.

Like / not / improvements / alternatives?

No charge for this idea MC, we just need something like it done and soon please. Been asking for many years now, and you don't officially allow for 3rd party solutions that search "your" online guide.
Old 2018-03-05 , 14:13
Knows how to use a remote
I will pass this onto the Product Dev team.