Old 2008-12-14 , 15:06
Still listens to the wireless

Default 2nd tv just stopped working...

As of about an hour ago my second tv just stopped working..... well to be 100% acurate - it is working but it's showing what's on tv1, and not what i want it to show.

the remote no longer does anything. i have no control over tv2 at all - it basically just shows whatever is on tv1.

i have changed absolutely nothing.... it just stopped.

i tried disabling and re-enabling tv link. no result. even when i try and tune tv2 the test pattern shows on tv1 which means it shows on tv2 as well (duh).

one very odd thing i just noticed is.... my dsd upgrade menu is greyed out and my software is at revision 6.076, l:8

There's a post from a few days ago talking about l21!

1 - why did my second tv suddenly stop working and what do i need to do to get it working again.

2 - why is my dsd upgrade greyed out?

3 - do i need to upgrade the firmware? how can i do this if the option is greyed out?

thanks
Old 2008-12-15 , 08:30
Still listens to the wireless

Default I have exactly the same thing.

Any ideas?
Old 2008-12-15 , 12:58
Technical Myriad

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooloo View Post
As of about an hour ago my second tv just stopped working..... well to be 100% acurate - it is working but it's showing what's on tv1, and not what i want it to show.

the remote no longer does anything. i have no control over tv2 at all - it basically just shows whatever is on tv1.

i have changed absolutely nothing.... it just stopped.

i tried disabling and re-enabling tv link. no result. even when i try and tune tv2 the test pattern shows on tv1 which means it shows on tv2 as well (duh).

one very odd thing i just noticed is.... my dsd upgrade menu is greyed out and my software is at revision 6.076, l:8

There's a post from a few days ago talking about l21!

1 - why did my second tv suddenly stop working and what do i need to do to get it working again.

2 - why is my dsd upgrade greyed out?

3 - do i need to upgrade the firmware? how can i do this if the option is greyed out?

thanks
Us other users are prepared to assist but then we need more info.

(1) Confirm that that you definitely have a SD PVR
(2) Are you in South Africa?
(3) If you have s/w version L:8 then yo are ina real predicamant as the s/w level is now L:21 for users in SA. You may have to take the SD PVR in to MC to assist with an upgrade from that far back.
(4) The other way is to send your details ( serial nu of the SD PVR and the SC) to MC via their fieldtrials e-mail address so thta they can send an upgrade specifically to you
Win 10 Pro (64-bit) version 1703, build 15063.138
1.2m antenna, 8-way universal LNB, 2x6 MS, FSM permanently connected.
MS Edge 40 with MSEdge HTML 15