Old 2010-02-28 , 12:40
Knows how to use a remote

Default Using HD-PVR remote as MCE remote

I have a IR receiver for my HTPC which can accept the commands for Media Center Edition in addition to the commands for the remote it comes with, but I cannot find a code which I can input into the HD-PVR remote to tell it to emulate the MCE remote.

I am alse not clued up enough about the MCE remotes to know if there is a single "command set" for MCE remotes or if every manufacturer have their own version.

For completeness sake I have Antec Veris IR Receiver and RM-100 remote (which uses proprietary drivers so I cannot use a generic IR driver)

I already use the HD-PVR for my amp, TV, HD- and SD-PVR. It would be great if I could add the HTPC to this list as well.
Old 2010-02-28 , 20:44
MultiChoice

You'll have to try the learning function. The remote only has data bases for the most popular TV's, amps and DVD players.
Old 2010-03-01 , 07:17
Knows how to use a remote

Unfortunately I do not have the MCE remote, only a receiver that can pick up MCE remote commands

I have tried using the learning function on the remote to learn the RM-100 remote commands but I must be doing something wrong. If I hold down the button the remote learns command, but it behaves as though I'm holding down the button. If I hold it for just a short while the remote still flashes green to indicate that it has learned the command, but the receiver does not respond.

I guess that will teach me to buy the cheapest IR receiver on the market, eh?
Old 2010-03-27 , 11:30
Still listens to the wireless

Assuming that your IR receiver is indeed a MS MCE receiver then you're out of luck I'm afraid. MCE is intended to work the other way around. The idea is that you use the Media Centre to control your set top box. This is only usefull when using it as a SD PVR.

MCE's learning function, in intended to program the remote blaster functionality it uses for controlling channel changes on your decoder. You cannot program it to accept input from 3rd parties. Unless you can enable the MCE remote command set on the HDTV remote that is.