Forum > Content > General > Pointless
Old 2017-03-12 , 21:05
Still listens to the wireless

Default Pointless

Pointless on BBC is in series 16.
Anyone from DSTV care to explain why we are repeating series 1-4.
Old 2017-03-12 , 21:18
4K, baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmcd View Post
Pointless on BBC is in series 16.
Anyone from DSTV care to explain why we are repeating series 1-4.
Believe MC representative was taking this type of thing up with the BBC personnel. Complaints were posted elsewhere of the numerous repeats on this channel and that was the response we received from MC. Have heard nothing further since then.

MC care to advise what the outcome of the meeting was?
Old 2017-03-13 , 10:17
Changes remote batteries daily

At least we were told we would finally see season 5 (some time) this year but it is WAY too little WAY too late....
Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora 1 (Primary) & HDPVR 2P (Secondary) in lounge, Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture and audio via Onkyo TX-NR626 receiver, Samsung BD-F7500 3D Blu-Ray player. Explora 1 in bedroom with HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV.
Old 2017-03-13 , 10:41
4K, baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krugie View Post
At least we were told we would finally see season 5 (some time) this year but it is WAY too little WAY too late....
To show how bad this channel is with it's repeats of Pointless I'll add that I don't watch this show but the wife does. Normally, while she's watching, I go and do something else. Sometimes I may be in the room with her while Pointless is on the go. Yet, these days when I'm in the room while this show is on even I am able to see footage that has been aired before. This doesn't happen occasionally but everytime I've seen the recent shows.

New content would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 2017-03-14 , 14:33
Knows how to use a remote

Hello,

Please see the below response from the BBC regarding Pointless:

We know that Pointless remains a popular fixture on BBC Brit, and we appreciate all of the feedback we receive about the show. As we have mentioned before, we do not automatically gain the rights to BBC programmes and we aim to acquire a broad range of shows for our viewers to enjoy. Fans of Pointless will be pleased to hear that a new series is heading to BBC Brit later in the year, and we would recommend viewers keep a check on our website (www.bbcsouthafrica.com/) and in particular the TV Guide for future announcements.
Old 2017-03-14 , 17:38
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

That in my opinion is a motherhood statement. And also exactly word for word what we have been told before.

A motherhood statement is meaningless words meant to pacify like "Don't cry mommy will kiss it beter"
Old 2017-03-14 , 18:53
4K, baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan Horn View Post
That in my opinion is a motherhood statement. And also exactly word for word what we have been told before.

A motherhood statement is meaningless words meant to pacify like "Don't cry mommy will kiss it beter"
Yep. So what will the comment be when we ask about a series like Top Gear which BBC have been running for ages. Yes, there is the new series but do we have to put up with numerous reruns of the previous series. Last I looked BBC was still showing them.

MC was having a meeting with the BBC Channel suppliers and were apparently going to be taking the matter of the numerous repeats up with them. Anything positive come out of these meetings?
Old 2017-03-14 , 19:43
Still gets up to change channels

I was going to start a new thread about this, but think it's better to keep it here as I feel it's closely related.

BBC Lifestyle has been repeating the same season of Deal Or No Deal in what feels like a never ending loop. Season 4 is being shown for about the 8th time now, in the same weekday timeslot. This season originally started on the old BBC Entertainment channel, and ever since it moved to BBC Lifestyle, has been repeated over and over again.

I've just looked at the TV guide on BBC South Africa's website and it appears that once again, season 4 of Deal Or No Deal will restart from episode 1 on Thursday 6 April!

I've seen people question this issue with BBC Lifestyle on their website and Facebook page - the same excuses are always dished out - "fans of the show appreciate the chance to re-watch their favourite episodes, or episodes they may have missed" - I'm sorry, but I don't buy that excuse at all. True fans would want to see newer episodes, not constant repeats of a season which was made back in 2008!

MC, please can we have some answers on this? I understand repeats are necessary, but I'm sure you will agree that this is excessive, and completely unacceptable.
Old 2017-03-15 , 08:29
Still listens to the wireless

I would like to know the channels where MC has direct control over the content vs the rest which appear to be "stocking fillers" where MC couldn't care less whether the content add any value at all.
Been here since the inception of terrestrial MNet, maybe time to reconsider...
Old 2017-03-15 , 11:53
MultiChoice

Ok folks some feedback - this thread has covered a few areas, so I'll try to cover as much as I can.

We have performance contracts in place with every single channel that is on the DStv platform and have regular performance discussions where we share customer complaints (from this Forum, twitter, Facebook, emails, phone calls, branch visits) and also actual viewership figures and any research we have.

There are penalties built into most contracts for channels that do not adhere to these agreements, which include the percentage of new content required from the channel. What that percentage is depends on what kind of channel it is - a channel meant for our Premium customers only will have a much higher percentage new and fresh content, than a channel that goes across all DStv packages. As a Premium customer, you have access to every single channel on the DStv platform but not every single channel is a premium channel.

For the BBC specifically, there have been recent very serious discussions and based on the presentation their regional Vice President gave at our Media Showcase last week, they have taken our feedback to heart in their upcoming schedules. Remember that schedule changes don't happen instantly as they normally week a few months in advance.

Reducing repeats and offering more fresh content to our customers, especially our Premium customers, is an ongoing discussion here that happens almost every day. So this is something that is taken very seriously and we continue to feedback your concerns to the channels.