Forum > Decoders > Standard Decoders > HD Decoder on XtraView Changing 2 to 4 Channels at a Time.
Old 2017-01-07 , 20:56
Still gets up to change channels

Default HD Decoder on XtraView Changing 2 to 4 Channels at a Time.

Hi.
I have recently changed my Explora 2(primary) and SD PVR (secondary) setup to having two Explora 2's with a HD Decoder for the 3rd TV, with all decoders in my lounge. Both XtraView decoders are using TV Links, one in my dad's lounge (Explora 2) and one in my mother's room (HD Decoder). Unfortunately the HD Decoder changes between 2 - 4 channels almost everytime the remote channels are selected.
How can I correct this?

Thanx.

Last edited by Fing; 2017-01-07 at 20:59. .
Old 2017-01-07 , 21:13
Changes remote batteries hourly

The problem will probably be both the decoders' direct front panel line of sight and the TV Link eyes receiving commands from the remote(s).
I don't know enough about it to go into detail, but until you can get any further help I suggest trying to determine where this is happening and changing the decoder(s) concerned remote settings from Relay to Respond, or trying to block the front panel(s) as may be needed.
But note each original setting down in case it's more complex than that and you need to backtrack.
Hope that makes enough sense.

Let us know, especially if you haven't worked it out so someone else can try help by next week. more specific connection details would then likely help.
Old 2017-01-07 , 21:23
Still gets up to change channels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimist View Post
The problem will probably be both the decoders' direct front panel line of sight and the TV Link eyes receiving commands from the remote(s).
I don't know enough about it to go into detail, but until you can get any further help I suggest trying to determine where this is happening and changing the decoder(s) concerned remote settings from Relay to Respond, or trying to block the front panel(s) as may be needed.
But note each original setting down in case it's more complex than that and you need to backtrack.
Hope that makes enough sense.

Let us know, especially if you haven't worked it out so someone else can try help by next week. more specific connection details would then likely help.
The remotes are set not to interfere with the other decoders or TV Links, and are far enough away from each other not to interfere with each other.
I will have to confirm, but each remote is dedicated to a decoder on Respond with non being set to relay.
Old 2017-01-07 , 21:37
Changes remote batteries hourly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fing View Post
The remotes are set not to interfere with the other decoders or TV Links, and are far enough away from each other not to interfere with each other.
I will have to confirm, but each remote is dedicated to a decoder on Respond with non being set to relay.
Sorry, I'll try be clearer - this kind of problem is not related to the remote mode settings.

What happens with this is the remote's signal is picked up by the front panel of the decoder and by the TV Link Eye, so the decoder concerned in one or each interference case receives double (or worse is possible) remote signals at the same time.
Relay settings can complicate this, but so can both being in the same line of sight in a room.
As I said, I'm not experienced enough in it for more detail, you'll have to experiment for now if you think you understand enough.
Hope that helps.