Forum > Content > Sport > American Sports
Old 2017-01-05 , 17:10
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

Default American Sports

Please please someone at Multichoice please please bring back NFL and MLB. I am not even talking about the regular season if thats too much of an ask, just maybe post season games.
Old 2017-01-05 , 22:01
4K, baby!

Not sure of the logistics or if it's possible but many years ago we had a one hour highlight's package of an American Football game. Or did it include other highlights as well? Cannot recall anymore but would it not be possible to obtain something like this? Not the live games, which obviously would be preferred, but a highlights package. Would be better than nothing.
Old 2017-01-06 , 08:25

I am even willing to settle for Sports Centre, that's how desperate the situation has become.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 2017-01-06 , 11:21
Knows how to use a remote

I will post my bi-monthly plead on my knees here.
Give us something, please!
Old 2017-01-09 , 11:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by bo0m View Post
I will post my bi-monthly plead on my knees here.
Give us something, please!
Watch SkySports News. They at least give some brief highlights and updates on what's happening. It may be as good as you're going to get. I just don't think there's enough of a market for the American sports to justify the cost of acquiring it.
Old 2017-01-09 , 11:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeII View Post
Watch SkySports News. They at least give some brief highlights and updates on what's happening. It may be as good as you're going to get. I just don't think there's enough of a market for the American sports to justify the cost of acquiring it.
You would be suprised.

Old 2017-01-09 , 11:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock4us2 View Post
You would be suprised.

I doubt it.

I would imagine the American sports would be very expensive to buy, and for a relatively small viewership (nothing like the EPL for example) the cost would be exorbitant.

Last edited by OrangeII; 2017-01-09 at 11:19. .
Old 2017-01-09 , 11:21

I certainly don't want to see any American sport. The Americanisation (I refuse to use the -z- spelling) of the world is not something I wish to see.

Explora
Sent via TapaTalk
Old 2017-01-09 , 11:30
Changes remote batteries daily

It's not just about the typical American sport (i.e NFL, NHL, etc) , it's also for me about sport in America. There are for example lots of college swimming going on (shown on ESPN or such) which we don't get to see.
40Mb VDSL (ISP AH Capped Unshaped)
------------------------------------------
DSD1110 in holiday mode
DSTV Mobile via Drifta WiFi (S5& iPad)
Old 2017-01-09 , 11:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeII View Post
I doubt it.

I would imagine the American sports would be very expensive to buy, and for a relatively small viewership (nothing like the EPL for example) the cost would be exorbitant.
My argument has always been plain and simple, i doubt Glow or Africa Magic or Via or flikNet is paid by subs of people who purely have a interest in that type of content. Part (if not most of it) of my subs goes to pay for that content, why cant their subs also be used to pay for what i want to watch?? Truth be told, i only ever watch Watford games only on EPL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmJay View Post
I certainly don't want to see any American sport. The Americanisation (I refuse to use the -z- spelling) of the world is not something I wish to see.
Each to his own i guess.