Forum > Discussions > Discussions > Scratches on Recordings
Old 2016-12-15 , 22:35
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

Default Scratches on Recordings

Now I am trying to wrap my head around these recordings on PVR. I have problems recording shows on Mnet Edge and Mnet Premium. Here are the facts

1. Mnet Edge: Recorded a couple of 12 Monkeys episodes, whenever the action heats uo like the last 10 minutes of the show the video quality just goes and it's starts playing like a scratched DVD. And it's always that, never the beginning just that
2. Mnet Edge: Westworld from the get go it just plays like a scratched DVD, but not as as 12 Monkeys. The biggest thing is the audio track but if u were to play it on silent you would even realise
3. Mnet Edge: Outlander plays perfectly, if u didn't check you'd forget it was recorded from the same channel.as points 1 & 2
4. I can't even record Mnet Premium, tried recording Bus 657 and from the start just freezing

I realise my investigation isn't scientific, but I have recorded other shows eg watched that other series that was like Vikings solely from my recorded shows and no problems. I just can't shake the feeling that there is a certain time when the DSTV signal just drops, because nothing has changed on my installation. Am I going mad?
Old 2016-12-16 , 09:16
Changes remote batteries daily

It sounds like a problem with your harddrive as nobody else has reprted this.

The discussions forum section is for casual chats mostly only with other forumites, threads like this should be in the pvr decoders section so the mods who are from the decoders technology department can help.

you need to say which PVR.

I do not know more.
Old 2016-12-16 , 10:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdbjhb View Post
It sounds like a problem with your harddrive as nobody else has reprted this.
Could be, the PVR is like 3-4 yrs old now, it's done me good but it's time to upgrade I can see. Funny thing I have Bull recorded from Mnet and works perfectly, would bad sectors honestly affect one channel and one programme per se.

Quote:
The discussions forum section is for casual chats mostly only with other forumites, threads like this should be in the pvr decoders section so the mods who are from the decoders technology department can help.
I always fail to change the category on Tapatalk, it always says contact forum administrator, silly me.

Quote:
you need to say which PVR.

That's the one like I have

Quote:
I do not know more.
More than anything thank you for taking your time to reply

Last edited by rock4us2; 2016-12-16 at 10:42. .
Old 2016-12-19 , 14:48
MultiChoice

Hi, that looks like the HD PVR 2P. If yes, try this test (remember, different channels are on different frequencies and polarities and viewing of channels take place on a different tuner to recording). Not sure of the cause, but ... try these steps to check signal (when weather is good) :

1. Go to ch101
2. Start a recording
3. Go to ch117
4. Press RED (for Playlist) and check that the recording is active (it should be listed on the top of the Playlist as recording in progress)
5. Press TV (back to ch117)
6. Now, while watching 117 and recording 101, press MENU
7. Select Info Central
8. Select Signal Status
9. Let us know signal quality and signal strength for both tuners.
Old 2016-12-19 , 14:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Brenda View Post
(remember, different channels are on different frequencies and polarities and viewing of channels take place on a different tuner to recording).
Thats most likely it, I had reasoned as much. I will follow your steps and advise thank you.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk