Old 2016-12-13 , 21:38
AKA Gadgenator (Changes remote batteries daily)

Default HD CHANNELS

Great news!!! I see Trace Urban is HD!
Thank you DSTV for making one of our music channels HD. Just what I've been waiting for.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
Old 2016-12-14 , 09:20
Changes remote batteries daily

It's the 2nd HD upgrade in a row that happened without being announced on the forum? Seems to be a new trend.

I'm happy about all HD additions but, for me personally, that same bandwidth could have been used to add three SD music channels instead - one pop, one alternative and one rock. All I ask for Christmas.....
DSTV Explora (Primary) & HDPVR 2P (Secondary), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI Picture and Audio via Onkyo TX-NR626 receiver, Samsung BD-F7500 3D Blu-Ray player. RF connection from Explora & HDPVR 2P to bedroom for Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV.
Old 2016-12-14 , 09:35
Changes remote batteries hourly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krugie View Post
It's the 2nd HD upgrade in a row that happened without being announced on the forum? Seems to be a new trend.
Maybe due to recent reactions, why would the Mods want to torture themselves?

But your response is calm and brief, so although we know it's unlikely to change much for us heavily suffering minorities at least the point has been made and we can maybe continue that without everyone jumping strongly on-board and then get info here again... or rely on Dominic to check daily for us
Old 2016-12-14 , 10:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimist View Post
Maybe due to recent reactions, why would the Mods want to torture themselves?

But your response is calm and brief, so although we know it's unlikely to change much for us heavily suffering minorities at least the point has been made and we can maybe continue that without everyone jumping strongly on-board and then get info here again... or rely on Dominic to check daily for us
I vote Dominic if nobody minds

But yes finally

Explora
Old 2016-12-14 , 10:30
All Hail FrostyD, Forum king!!!!!

I dont love trace but the times they play music I like ,I enjoy the channel but do not love it .
I do record Trace programs such as "New","Pop 10 ","Urban Top 30" ,"Trace Video Mix"
I do enjoy the channel.

If Only The Explora had a youtube App so I do not have constantly switch between Devices.

Last edited by Forum King; 2016-12-14 at 10:43. .
Old 2016-12-14 , 10:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanP View Post
I vote Dominic if nobody minds
I vote for direct info from MC.

A few of you guys are just not getting it. Some things are worth fuighting for, like the too large channel logos that got us somewhere, but not for what will never make lots of business sense in this country. The days of getting everything we want are gone, and we did get most of it already.
Only balance will work (when it can) on this forum full of managers.

My thanks to Optimist for trying to help us realise that, it will not make him popular but any other direction is doomed to forum failure. He says he is tired of it and I am not surprised so hope we all got the message now.
Old 2016-12-14 , 10:55
MultiChoice

Folks in both cases, we have not made announcements about it - VIA was announced by the channel and on air, TRACE was uncertain up until the last minute, which is why it was not announced.

Generally we do try to share news with you on here as soon as we are able. So that will continue.
Old 2016-12-14 , 15:39
AKA Gadgenator (Changes remote batteries daily)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forum King View Post
I do record Trace programs such as "New","Pop 10 ","Urban Top 30" ,"Trace Video Mix"
I do enjoy the channel.
I'm exactly the same with TRACE Urban. I mostly watch the international music videos. I record those and then bookmark my songs and then we have the perfect playlist when we "kuier".

I don't mind that there wasn't any announcements made here. I'm happy enough to just see channels change to HD. It's a little surprise when surfing DSTV.

And about me sharing new HD channels with you guys. Let's keep this thread and I'll pop some news if I see anything. I'm not so active here anymore but will pop in for exciting stuff
Old 2016-12-14 , 23:15
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

Let us know when NatGeoWild goes HD
Old 2016-12-15 , 13:21
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

Hi Dominic

Only a pleasure .