Old 2016-11-18 , 11:39
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

Default Explore 2

To the early adopters, hows the new Explora 2. I want to upgrade my secondary PVR and I would appreciate user feedback if its worth upgrading to Explora 2 or just buy another trusted Explora 1?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 2016-11-18 , 13:22
MultiChoice

Hi there - you won't be able to buy the first Explora, as only Explora 2 is now in the market. Unless you find some retailer with old stock still.

Remember the two are essentially exactly the same - the Explora 2 just has a smaller hard drive.
Old 2016-12-28 , 10:44
Still listens to the wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Marietjie View Post
Hi there - you won't be able to buy the first Explora, as only Explora 2 is now in the market. Unless you find some retailer with old stock still.

Remember the two are essentially exactly the same - the Explora 2 just has a smaller hard drive.
Hi Marietjie

Is that smaller in physical size or storage size?

Sent from my SM-T535 using Tapatalk
Old 2016-12-28 , 11:31

Both, but the same amount of recording hours due to better compression technology used in the Explora 2.
Old 2016-12-28 , 11:35
Changes remote batteries daily

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaunB View Post
Both, but the same amount of recording hours due to better compression technology used in the Explora 2.
Nope, user recording space has been halved . The compression applies to the BO and CU content
40Mb VDSL (ISP AH Capped Unshaped)
------------------------------------------
DSD1110 in holiday mode
DSTV Mobile via Drifta WiFi (S5& iPad)
Old 2016-12-28 , 12:50

Ahh you right... sorry about that.

This explains the differences: http://www.spacetv.co.za/media/broch...cexplora-2.pdf
Old 2016-12-29 , 06:36

My q wasnt really about whats under the hood but more of the user experience e.g. like if you were so used to the iplate on the older model decoders how much of a culture shock the Explora version is (which a year later still confuses me).

Also i get easily frustrated so for that reason im not really an early adopter, I let the bugs get sorted out first.

Old 2016-12-29 , 08:01
Changes remote batteries daily

They will behave the same
40Mb VDSL (ISP AH Capped Unshaped)
------------------------------------------
DSD1110 in holiday mode
DSTV Mobile via Drifta WiFi (S5& iPad)
Old 2016-12-29 , 11:21
MultiChoice

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock4us2 View Post
My q wasnt really about whats under the hood but more of the user experience e.g. like if you were so used to the iplate on the older model decoders how much of a culture shock the Explora version is (which a year later still confuses me).

Also i get easily frustrated so for that reason im not really an early adopter, I let the bugs get sorted out first.

We know that some users don't like the double OK to tune to a channel, but if there are other frustrations with the interface, we'd love to hear them so that we can pass them onto the team.
Old 2016-12-29 , 11:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Brenda View Post
We know that some users don't like the double OK to tune to a channel, but if there are other frustrations with the interface, we'd love to hear them so that we can pass them onto the team.
I don't really know how to explain it but on the PVR if u on a channel and you press info, you can scroll DOWN to see whats coming next and pressing UP will show whats in your the buffer. When you press left/right to navigate to another channel it always starts from the current time. I don't know if that explanation makes sense? I've never been able to wrap my head around the way the Explora behaves when you press left/right.

The second thing has to do with PG pin, on the PVR say you have recorded a programme and parts of it start before what is says on the EPG info, if u unblock the video will just play seemlessly until you switched off the decoder. Now on the Explora I have to remove the PG pin otherwise it keeps blocking.

I hope you can understand that

Last edited by rock4us2; 2016-12-29 at 13:11. .