Forum > Value Added Services > DStv Catch Up > CU, CU+ and Broadcast Dolby 5.1 on-going issues
Old 2016-11-28 , 18:26
Knows how to use a remote

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Marietjie View Post
So I'm told that there seems to be an issue with the transcoding of titles in the VOD automation system (the technical response). The team have asked for a change to be made in the course of next week that will correct this problem. Thanks for your patience and understanding.
Thank you for the updates MC. Hope they can get this fix asap.

Please keep us updated when problem eventually gets resolved.

Will be much appreciated. Thanks
Dual LNB on 90cm dish, Explora PVR (Primary) + Explora PVR (Secondary) + UEC 4 Tuner HD PVR (Spare, Not Connected), XV Activated, LG 47" LED tv + LG LED projector connected via hdmi to pvr's, Samsung surround sound connected via optical.
Old 2016-11-29 , 15:31
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

And, thank you for the response, MC Marietjie
It's taken a while for anyone to get back to us, so grateful this is now on someone's radar.

I've pretty much stopped any streaming or downloading due to this problem, as the waste of data and time, and the frustration that goes with it, was becoming too much.

Hoping we see a result and resolution to this soon
Old 2016-12-12 , 08:39
Still gets up to change channels

I'm just doing a follow up. Still getting content in mono. Has anyone else seen an improvement? Getting closer to some down time and I want to catch up, but will not if content audio is still in mono. Hoping for 5.1
Old 2016-12-12 , 14:19

Nope, still a mess.
I'm getting things in stereo, but I have not (and don't intend to) download anything until MC bothers to look in to this.

We get so little feedback, and such, and these issues have been reported on numerous threads, for several weeks / months now, and still nothing.

I'm at the point where I've given up on expecting proper surround on most channels, or CU titles. Which to me, means that MC should change it's advertising to reflect "you get a few surround shows" instead of the whole home theatre experience.

Add to this, the new issues with the blank black screen, smart card issue, heartbeat issue that are coming up on several threads, and it's looking pretty poor for the software that is pushed out to us.
Old 2016-12-12 , 15:04

Well, if this continues I will be forced to write an open letter and it will not be a flattering one.

We have been more than patient and have given DSTV ample time to sort this out. I'm beyond that point now. This is a very obvious problem and I am amazed that no one has picked it up earlier.

I can't help but wonder if Dolby is aware that their logo is displayed on content that does not meet their strict requirements?

Yes, I am disgusted. So much effort is put into production these days and being served content like this, is unacceptable.
Old 2016-12-12 , 15:33
MultiChoice

Hi again, @Bernard and @Andrew thank you for letting us know that this is still not sorted I have made a follow up with the technical teams who originally promised a fix some time ago. My apologies that this is still not sorted - I've ensured that the most senior people are aware of this.
Old 2016-12-12 , 15:54
MultiChoice

The techies have just confirmed that the Mono and Dolby issues were addressed on Thursday, 1 December. So all new titles from at least Monday, 5 December should be fine. If you experience sound issues on titles loaded after 5 December please let us know.

The team could not go back and reprocess all titles, so only newly loaded titles after the fix was done. They tell me the reason why they refer to titles from the Monday is as some titles could already have been processed before the fix went it.

Can you please let us know?
Old 2016-12-12 , 15:56

@Bernad:
Yes, actually, on that point. I have produced a few corporate DVDs that had to pass a very strict check by Dolby before I could use the logo. Good point there.

On a note more related to the topic and issues here. I have not wanted, to yet again, saturate my internet for the amount of time it takes to download an HD movie, to yet again have sound issues (either mono, left channel only, or plain stereo). So what would be nice, is that once the MC team think things are fixed, if they could test it all, and then let us know that things are working, so we can test out in the wild.
Old 2016-12-12 , 15:58

Thanks @MC. Please know that my anger is not directed towards you - you're not the one responsible for fixing this. I'm just very fed up at the moment.

I forgot to mention that I watched the first episode of Vikings on Catch Up last night and this in mono as well. Somewhere something (or someone perhaps) is messing up the signal horribly.

One last question. Can the technical team please clarify how Catch Up+ content will presented in future. Will we get stereo or will it be 5.1 if available.

Thanks.
Old 2016-12-12 , 16:07

@MC Marietjie

Oops. Seems my statement about a need for an update on when things are meant to be working passed your update on that exact fact.

Thank you. I shall try a new title, following this "good" news, and post an update.

Thank you for following up, fighting the battle, and informing us!!