Forum > Content > General > Lack of repeats
Old 2017-01-20 , 12:19
Changes remote batteries daily. Has an entire thread named after her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krugie View Post
I think most people will be happy with 1 fewer repeat of one program to accommodate at least one repeat of another.
I agree. I've always said, at least one repeat provides us with more options.
Old 2017-01-20 , 12:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimist View Post
An idea - why not put repeats of the less age restricted M-Net series on M-Edge during the day, so allowing for more repeats of the naughty stuff from either channel to be on M-Net in the later hours...
Yes, brilliant idea.
Old 2017-01-20 , 12:20

@Optimist, thanks for the idea. I will pass it onto the relevant department. For now the channel opens at at 18:00 and ends at 05:00.
Old 2017-01-20 , 12:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Portia View Post
@Madcat Thank you for your post. Deutschland 83 and the Sunday 21:00 movies have high age restrictions and for this reason we are not able to repeat it during the day. Also, note that the channel 102 opens from 18:00 and ends at 05:00. So, with an already bumper to bumper schedule, there is no way we can repeat all shows. More so the movies as there are no two hour gaps on the schedule itself. Scheduling could find another spot for Deutschland 83 but then it will mean that one of another series repeat will have to fall away which might also be one of the repeats you depend on.

The Real O'Neals, remember that it has replaced American Horror Story and AHS was usually repeated on a Sunday but now with the two hour movie scheduled at 21:00, the schedule has lost an hour instead. This is basically why there is no repeat for the Real O' Neals. Scheduling will try and see if we can make another plan but all I know is that some may lose their additional repeats.
Thank you for the comprehensive reply. I am supremely happy for all the wonderful series available, but I do believe that repeats are possible for all series. I think that Optimist has a brilliant idea - run the channel a full 24 hours, or even an extra 6 hours for repeats...
Old 2017-01-20 , 12:31

Hi All,

I hear you all, as per my previous post I will forward Optimist idea to the relevant department. Please also be aware that not all customer viewing habits are the same. What works for one may not work for another.
Old 2017-01-20 , 12:43
Changes remote batteries hourly

I must add that the idea is not as simple as it seems - I'm sure there would be concern about any confusion it could cause, it's not ideal re the keeping of the channels' identities, and there could be issues with how this works with some other countries' versions of M-Net. And that's just what I know about it.

Thanks Portia.
Old 2017-01-20 , 12:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Portia View Post
Hi All,

I hear you all, as per my previous post I will forward Optimist idea to the relevant department. Please also be aware that not all customer viewing habits are the same. What works for one may not work for another.
Appreciate the consideration

Quote:
I must add that the idea is not as simple as it seems - I'm sure there would be concern about any confusion it could cause, it's not ideal re the keeping of the channels' identities, and there could be issues with how this works with some other countries' versions of M-Net.
I would prefer the content to remain on their own channels. Not having too many issues with 101 repeats, but 102 is a problem. If they could run a couple of extra hours to screen repeats of THEIR shows, that would help.
Old 2017-01-20 , 12:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Cat View Post
...but 102 is a problem. If they could run a couple of extra hours to screen repeats of THEIR shows, that would help.
That could be the answer - isn't some of the 102 content now ok re age restrictions? If so, how much of it?
Old 2017-01-23 , 07:01

Quote:
That could be the answer - isn't some of the 102 content now ok re age restrictions? If so, how much of it?
Given my age, I don't really take note of age restrictions, but I had a quick look over the weekend. Mnet screens PG16 series during the day, and I found quite a few PG16 series on Edge. If we add a couple of hours onto the current 6pm to 5am screening times for Edge, repeats of those series could be shown then?
Old 2017-01-23 , 10:36

Could be that simple although do any of us know how the watershedding period actually works - is it directly related to the age rating or maybe more to do with specific content, like nudity or the most gory violence (hopefully)?

Also, are these lower rated shows on 102 going to be a regular thing now?

A complex situation IMO, but some solution has to be possible given how many 24 hour Premium channels the M-group has and how flexibility has been allowed in the past when needed (such as the post-midnight series on the movie channels, who would have ever thought we'd end up considering asking for that ).
I'll stand back now and just keep a look out in hope for changes.