Forum > Content > General > Lack of repeats
Old 2016-10-05 , 12:03
Changes remote batteries daily. Has an entire thread named after her.

Default Lack of repeats

Hi all

I know, I know, this thread is going to cause a lot of "debate"...

I"m finding lack of repeats recently a huge concern. Yes I know there is a lot to squeeze in and only limited time and space, and believe me I'm grateful and well entertained by all the excellent programming, but...

First, The Mindy Project on 103 on Thursday nights has absolutely no repeats. The first couple of episodes were available on CU, then no more. This means I have to record this 30 minute show in the middle of primetime schedulding. Makes things very tricky. Also the EPG seems to be off: 2 weeks back the EPG had the show ending at 20:35, which meant I could record the 20:30 series. This last week, EPG was 20:30, but on replay, the end of the show was missing

Second, we have the realty shows squeezing in and repeats being dropped to make way (my opinion). This is happening with Nashville, see http://forum.dstv.com/showthread.php?t=35508, and I see the same thing with Zoo this Friday. There is only the one screening on 101 with the extra one on 901 an hour later. I know these shows are on CU, but seasoned CU users know that back up recordings can be our saving grace. Last Saturday, I had no back up recording set for Nashville and just hoped that CU would download. Friday, I'll have to re-schedule my whole night to ensure I record at least one of the 2 available episodes. Can't leave the final episode to a wish and a prayer

I personally think all programming should have at least one repeat, not including the M-Net+1.

MC, can you please comment on this?

Thanks.
Old 2016-10-06 , 10:46
Knows how to use a remote

Hello

I'll have a look at the Mindy Project timing issue on the EPG. M-Net will have to respond on the lack of repeats. One quick question, do you have access to broadband internet at home?
Old 2016-10-06 , 11:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Trisan View Post
Hello

I'll have a look at the Mindy Project timing issue on the EPG. M-Net will have to respond on the lack of repeats. One quick question, do you have access to broadband internet at home?
Thank you, would appreciate the Mindy feedback.

I know where you are going with the internet question, and I'm not really interested in going the CU+ route. Is the dropping on repeats a result of content being available on CU+?
Old 2016-10-06 , 17:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Cat View Post
Thank you, would appreciate the Mindy feedback.

I know where you are going with the internet question, and I'm not really interested in going the CU+ route. Is the dropping on repeats a result of content being available on CU+?
I don't think so, it's really a way of making more content available for on-demand viewing, reducing the need to record shows.
I have good news regarding The Mindy Project: based on your request the M-Net team has decided to add a repeat slot for the show which is currently scheduled to start next Sunday at 01:30 (am), so you should be able to record the repeat from next week.
Old 2016-10-07 , 07:37

Quote:
I don't think so, it's really a way of making more content available for on-demand viewing, reducing the need to record shows.
I have good news regarding The Mindy Project: based on your request the M-Net team has decided to add a repeat slot for the show which is currently scheduled to start next Sunday at 01:30 (am), so you should be able to record the repeat from next week.
This is absolutely awesome news!! Thank you so much, very happy cat
Old 2016-10-09 , 11:03

Quote:
Hi

I had too little time on Friday to elaborate on why I'm not interested in CU+, so herewith:

I love watching shows on CU, and if I had more time to watch tv, CU+ would be an absolute must have. Given that I have less time than I would like to watch tv, especially since starting a new job late 2014, the regular CU suits me just fine.

To clarify: there are expiry times on CU shows, so I'm "forced" to watch the shows that are on the CU before they expire. Currently series that are on CU+ that I want to watch, e.g. Public Morals, Roadies, I would rather record as a complete series and watch when I'm on leave and have the time. It would be stupid of me to create unneccessary pressure on myself to watch all the shows I'm interested in, in my limited time using CU+.

This is just my reasoning on what works for me.
Old 2016-10-12 , 06:58

Quote:
EPG does not reflect this. Yet.

Nashville still no repeats, Rizzoli & Isles (replacing Zoo), no repeats.
Old 2016-10-12 , 10:32

Hello

Vuzu has updated their schedule today, it should reflect by tonight. M-Net hasn't provided feedback as yet, is M-Net+1 not an option for recording?
Old 2016-10-12 , 11:56

Quote:
Hello

Vuzu has updated their schedule today, it should reflect by tonight.
Thank you

Quote:
M-Net hasn't provided feedback as yet, is M-Net+1 not an option for recording?
Making it work right now, but would like more flexibility that the repeat will provide.
Old 2017-01-18 , 07:29

Repeats have become even more important with the power cuts looming in Nelspruit