Forum > Content > Sport > Barclays English Premier League 2016-2017
Old 2016-05-28 , 08:33
4K, baby!

Default Barclays English Premier League 2016-2017

Hi Forumites, I thought I'd start the new season's thread a bit early this year, so we can discuss the transfer and "management" news here too, before the new season starts.

I'll set up the SuperBru Pool again a bit nearer the start of the season

Cheers K.
Old 2016-05-28 , 12:27
4K, baby!

Thanks Sandtonman. Superbru? What a disaster.
Old 2016-06-02 , 15:38
Changes remote batteries daily

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtonman View Post
Hi Forumites, I thought I'd start the new season's thread a bit early this year, so we can discuss the transfer and "management" news here too, before the new season starts.

I'll set up the SuperBru Pool again a bit nearer the start of the season

Cheers K.
Go for it Sandtonman
HDPVR 2P, 42" Samsung LED TV
-----------------------
BEDROOM 2 -
Phillips 42" LED TV, Can View Both The PVR & 2P
Old 2016-06-03 , 13:09

Ryan Giggs has decided to move away from MU after 29 years. He wants more than just being an assistant, he is looking for a managerial position. MU was never going to give him the position as a manager at MU, to me he made the correct move, go out of the club and spend 4 - 5 years managing other clubs and then just maybe one day he will be the manager of MU
-----------------------
BEDROOM 2 -
Old 2016-06-08 , 08:00

Stephen Keshi (Nigerian Coach) past away
http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/36...linkname=sport
-----------------------
BEDROOM 2 -
Old 2016-06-27 , 13:59
4K, baby!

Default DSTV Forumites SuperBru Pool!

Back by Popular Demand -- DSTV Forumites SuperBru Pool!

Dear Forumites who enjoy English footie,

Trust this finds you all well
We are in the UK experiencing interesting and turbulent political times; but are off to sunny Greece (Thasos) on Wednesday so can relax and get a tan! (also hopefully we'll get rid of a terrible chesty cough that we both picked up in transit )

I have reactivated the SuperBru Pool before we leave and have pre-approved all last year's members for the coming season. You should get a heads-up from the 'general'.

I've applied for tickets for the Arsenal home game against Liverpool on the first day of the season. At a tad under R4,000 a pair it's becoming an expensive day out!
Hope it will be a good game, what do you reckon, BB?

Anyway back in a couple of weeks, guys!
Cheers, K.

Last edited by Sandtonman; 2016-06-27 at 14:03. .
Old 2016-06-27 , 14:10
4K, baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtonman View Post
[B]I've applied for tickets for the Arsenal home game against Liverpool on the first day of the season. At a tad under R4,000 a pair it's becoming an expensive day out! Hope it will be a good game, what do you reckon, BB?

Anyway back in a couple of weeks, guys!
Cheers, K.
Easy victory for Liverpool by at least two or three goals.

Wishing you safe travels to Greece and for your return to both England and South Africa. Make the most of the Greek visit as who knows whether Brits will be allowed back in soon. Also hoping that you and the wife recover from your coughs and chest problems. Enjoy the holiday and try not to let the loss to Liverpool get you down too much. Even if it is, or would have, cost you an arm and a leg to experience such pain.

I have completed my application to join the Superbru pool. Hopefully our winner from the season before last will also be enrolling for this upcoming season? Along with the other usual suspects and perhaps, some new ones?
Old 2016-06-27 , 14:17
Changes remote batteries hourly

How about posting a Superbru pool details link for newbies...

Might be worth keeping some of your bucks in Rands this time around Keith, who would have ever thought that!
Have a great time :-)
Old 2016-06-27 , 14:41
4K, baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimist View Post
How about posting a Superbru pool details link for newbies...
Good idea, Brian; thanks!

For those who are not familiar with SuperBru, it's a "for fun" sports prediction game. You can register here....

https://www.superbru.com/home/index.php?

Once you are registered and logged in you can navigate to the "Premier League" after clicking on FOOTBALL in the top-line menu.

You can then use the "Pools" tab to "find/join a pool".

Search for me, "Sandtonman" as team captain and you will bring up the DSTV Pool to select and apply for membership.

New applications from Forum Members gladly accepted. For those of you who are newbies this year, please would you also introduce yourself here on the Forum?

Cheers K.

Last edited by Sandtonman; 2016-06-27 at 19:37. .
Old 2016-06-28 , 02:44

Default Barclays English Premier League 2016-2017

Icelandic shock and Hodgson exit

silent witness