Forum > Content > General > Pensioner discounts
Old 2015-11-26 , 12:11
MultiChoice

Hahahaha! I would prefer to think rather a finger slip!
Old 2015-11-30 , 08:12
Changes remote batteries daily

My husband and I are pensioners and we are now going to have to downgrade our package after many years of being able to get Mnet - since MNet began. But because there is no package that contains Mnet we are probably going to go for the lowest possible to be able to get the SABC channels (for which we already pay a TV licence.)
I really think it is a poor show that MC could not offer another package that included Mnet.

Another question - We have the Premium Bouquet will any recordings that we have on our Explora and HDPVR still be accessible when we downgrade?
Old 2015-11-30 , 08:41
Changes remote batteries hourly

The TV licence allows for accessing any and all channels, not just SABC (even though they do the collections), although practically speaking one could argue that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth View Post
Another question - We have the Premium Bouquet will any recordings that we have on our Explora and HDPVR still be accessible when we downgrade?
Yes.
Old 2015-11-30 , 10:24
MultiChoice

Hi Elizabeth

Your personal recordings will remain on your PVR until you delete them.
Old 2015-11-30 , 10:29
Technical Myriad

The recordings remain available as already stated provided you continue to pay the PVR access fee.

One challenge you may still face is when and if you downgrade to EasyView, you may find the call centre insisting that PVR facilities are not available to EasyView subscribers. Stick to your guns and insist that it is allowed and ask for a supervisor.

Quote:
My husband and I are pensioners and we are now going to have to downgrade our package after many years of being able to get Mnet - since MNet began. But because there is no package that contains Mnet we are probably going to go for the lowest possible to be able to get the SABC channels (for which we already pay a TV licence.)
I really think it is a poor show that MC could not offer another package that included Mnet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Lindi View Post
Hi Elizabeth

Your personal recordings will remain on your PVR until you delete them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimist View Post
The TV licence allows for accessing any and all channels, not just SABC (even though they do the collections), although practically speaking one could argue that.

Yes.
Win 10 Pro (64-bit) version 1703, build 15063.138
1.2m antenna, 8-way universal LNB, 2x6 MS, FSM permanently connected.
MS Edge 40 with MSEdge HTML 15
Old 2015-11-30 , 10:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff D View Post
The recordings remain available as already stated provided you continue to pay the PVR access fee.

One challenge you may still face is when and if you downgrade to EasyView, you may find the call centre insisting that PVR facilities are not available to EasyView subscribers. Stick to your guns and insist that it is allowed and ask for a supervisor.
Thanks for this advice Geoff. We haven't yet quite decided which we will take but I am of the view that the Compact Bouquet does not have ANY channels that I watch so why should I pay that price just to get SABC.
Please can you tell me if the Access and Family Bouquets are meant to have PVR facilities. Thanks

Last edited by Elizabeth; 2015-11-30 at 10:51. .
Old 2015-11-30 , 19:07
Changes remote batteries hourly.

Quote:
Thanks for this advice Geoff. We haven't yet quite decided which we will take but I am of the view that the Compact Bouquet does not have ANY channels that I watch so why should I pay that price just to get SABC.
Please can you tell me if the Access and Family Bouquets are meant to have PVR facilities. Thanks
All Bouquets can have PVR access
Old 2015-11-30 , 19:08
Changes remote batteries hourly.

Quote:
It is called Premium for a reason, it is a Premium channel.
Old 2015-11-30 , 19:25
Changes remote batteries hourly

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwalker View Post
Yes, but it used to be available alone (or combined with DStv) via analogue terrestrial, and as we know still operating that way for those who have kept it running.

Wonder what may happen with the future digital terrestrial package choices.
Old 2015-11-30 , 20:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwalker View Post
Hi there Gwalker, I have no idea of your age but all I can say is that we (my husband and I and family) have been supporters of Mnet since its onset in 1986. So surely you can imagine that after all these years not to be able to get this channel is quite disturbing.
Old age and pensioner status comes to us all. Such a pity that MC can't see that.