Forum > DStv Forum Archive (12 May 2014) > DStv Products > Remote Controls > New Multichoice PVR remote and Remote Blaster

Old 2008-11-30 , 12:01
Still gets up to change channels

Default New Multichoice PVR remote and Remote Blaster

I just went out and purchased 2 brand new Multichoice Universal PVR remotes, the official one, not the ellies remote. I use an Ellies Remote Blaster Wizard for the other TV's, but the new remotes do not want to work. No activity on the RED led of the blaster, the old remotes all still work. Anyone else experienced this?
Old 2008-11-30 , 12:09
Changes remote batteries daily

Their are new compatible Blasters out(1110 Compatible). The old ones isn't compatible with the new remotes Frequency. If you bought the blaster within the last year you should be able to replace them were you purchased them. Or at Ellies
Old 2008-11-30 , 18:36
Still gets up to change channels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barendb View Post
Their are new compatible Blasters out(1110 Compatible). The old ones isn't compatible with the new remotes Frequency. If you bought the blaster within the last year you should be able to replace them were you purchased them. Or at Ellies
Now that sucks. I know I definatly don't have the receipts and it has been more than a year. I have 4 of them in my house, was quite a costly exercise then.
Old 2008-11-30 , 23:12
MultiChoice

What system do you have? - you may be able to set up the system to work without changing the blasters.
Old 2008-12-02 , 19:05
Still listens to the wireless

I have the SD-PVR with the same problem - Can this C4 "hack" be done to my system?
If so how.

I searched through the manual to see if there was a code for the SDPVR to set on no 1 or 2 but no luck. Is there a code for old SDPVR code 1a?

Later
Simon.
Old 2008-12-02 , 22:46
MultiChoice

To program the "old" TV1 mode onto any porgrammable mode (A,B,C or D) - press and hold SHIFT till you get three blinks and enter 21589. (TV2 is 21590)

Please note that there seems to be a small timing discrepancy that causes the play/ pause and ff/ rew buttons to not always work reliably when the HD remote is used in one of the simulated "SD PVR" modes.

It will be fixed end Q1/Q2 next year - but by that time the TV1 ,2, 3 & 4 remote will be available as well which will be a much more elegant solution. (But if you have the problem I may be able to program the new software onto your current remote)
Old 2008-12-03 , 14:59
Knows how to use a remote

Oh noes!! It seems as if I have this problem with the HD remote. How do I go about getting the updated software? Does it involve bloodletting and shorting out certain pins in the battery enclosure in a specific sequence
Old 2008-12-03 , 15:26
MultiChoice

At the moment the only advice I can offer is to pause first and then use ff/ rew.
I demonstrated the issue to the developers today and they will be working on it - but they are at this time not even 100% sure what the cause is.
(We never envisaged using the HD remote as a SD remote - the programmable SD mode was just added because it was available)
Old 2008-12-03 , 20:08
Knows how to use a remote

So long as there is a workaround I can kind of live with it. I assume that we'd need to have the remotes reprogrammed once you guys have figured out a solution, correct? Which means taking a trip to your offices in Randburg?

Is there any other way you can update the software on the remote? Just out of curiosity ...
Old 2008-12-03 , 21:33
MultiChoice

Unfortunately you have to connect it to a special programmer...so it will require a carry-in which we will probably handle by just swapping it for an already re-programmed unit.