Forum > Content > Sport > Indy car
Old 2017-03-07 , 13:32
Still gets up to change channels

Default Indy car

The Indy car series begins this weekend and is not scheduled on the SS website.
Last year's Indy 500 was huge. Will you be broadcasting the series this year?
Old 2017-03-07 , 15:47
SuperSport

Hi there,

Our rights with ESPN for Indy Car Racing ended last year.
We will not be broadcast the series.
Old 2017-03-07 , 16:01

Thanks for the response. Sadly we get less and less Motorsport every year.
Once there was WRC, DTM and Indycar. All gone. But hey, we do get every single football league in the world!!
Old 2017-03-07 , 18:59
4K, baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFR46 View Post
Once there was WRC, DTM and Indycar. All gone. But hey, we do get every single football league in the world!!
Understand where you coming from but just to let you know that we once were able to watch the German Bundesliga and the Italian Serie A football matches. Also European Cup(?) matches. We no longer get any of those. So, it's not just motor sport that's being dropped. There are lots of other sports as well. Darts? Snooker? Both sports we USED to see on our screens. But, alas, no more. This we are told is because the "user panel?" shows there's not enough interest in these sports. Or the cost of bringing us these sports are too much.
Old 2017-04-01 , 14:51
Still listens to the wireless

Angry Not good ENOUGH

Dear SS - So why did SS not renew your subscription with ESPN ?? Telling us that the deal ENDED is NOT GOOD ENOUGH !!!

This MONTH MY SUBS are INCREASING from R897 to R909 !!! and you are giving my LESS for my money - I want to see you sort yourselves out and bring back coverage of USA motor sport events like INDYCAR and UNITED SPORTSCAR series

I also demand a REPLY from a SENIOR official your side with far more than this crappy smug reply of "our bla bla deal bla bla ended ......... " because in my view that is a clear "up-yours" pay more and learn to watch something else like soccer of which there is way TOOOOO much on just about every channel for viewers who PAY a hell of a lot less in monthly subs ..........

I AM WAITING FOR A PROPER REPLY ON HOW I AND MY FOLLOW USA MOTORSPORT FOLLOWERS WILL be watching what we PAY FOR in the next month of two ............ get on with it
Old 2017-04-01 , 16:02
Changes remote batteries hourly

Hi Raymond, this is just to clear up one myth with a known fact. The rest is for SS & co. to respond to as you've asked.

At the time ESPN stopped broadcasting altogether outside of the U.S.
Old 2017-04-09 , 21:29
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by beetle bailey View Post
Understand where you coming from but just to let you know that we once were able to watch the German Bundesliga and the Italian Serie A football matches. Also European Cup(?) matches. We no longer get any of those. So, it's not just motor sport that's being dropped. There are lots of other sports as well. Darts? Snooker? Both sports we USED to see on our screens. But, alas, no more. This we are told is because the "user panel?" shows there's not enough interest in these sports. Or the cost of bringing us these sports are too much.
Not too sure about European Cup as it now goes by the name...Champions League.
Old 2017-04-12 , 13:21

Default Alonso at Indy 500

With Fenando Alonso confirmed to race at the Indy 500 this year, MC, make a plan to get it on our screens please.
Old 2017-04-14 , 16:00
Knows how to use a remote

And what about World Endurance series (what was Sports Car)
First race starts this Sunday at Silverstone..
Old 2017-04-20 , 13:45
SuperSport

Hi Raymond,

ESPN themselves pulled out of Africa a number of years ago.
SuperSport then took the decision to separately negotiate specific rights for US sports, including IndyCar.
The subsequent decision to end SuperSport's agreement with some of these rights holders was not taken lightly. However, it followed an assessment of the cost of the rights relative to the audience ratings. The ratings were largely indifferent, making it impossible to justify on a commercial basis.
We do still, however, broadcast much international motorsport, including a number of American series: Monster Energy Nascar Cup Series (plus highlights); Nascar America; Nascar Series highlights; plus, Nascar Infinity Series (plus highlights).