Forum > Content > Sport > World Cricket
Old 2017-02-27 , 08:27
Changes remote batteries daily

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Sandile View Post
Yes we are broadcasting the ICC Champions Trophy.
All matches live in all Sub-Saharan Africa.
This is good news - actually awaiting this tournament
HDPVR 2P, 42" Samsung LED TV
-----------------------
BEDROOM 2 -
Phillips 42" LED TV, Can View Both The PVR & 2P
Old 2017-05-22 , 14:34

It has been a while since this thread came out of the woodworks

MI beat PSG in yesterday's IPL Final - Well done to my boys

Lots of warm up games ahead of the ICC Champions Trophy
-----------------------
BEDROOM 2 -
Old 2017-05-22 , 18:44
4K, baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynn View Post
It has been a while since this thread came out of the woodworks

MI beat PSG in yesterday's IPL Final - Well done to my boys

Lots of warm up games ahead of the ICC Champions Trophy
Was wondering why you weren't posting about the IPL? Thought that perhaps you too had lost interest. Anyway well done on your Mumbai Indians winning the tournament. That's about all I can say about it as I never really watched too many games. Just very pleased that AB's side lost.

Now it's almost time for the ICC Tournament with, hopefully, lots of good cricket and postings here.
Old 2017-05-24 , 07:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by beetle bailey View Post
Now it's almost time for the ICC Tournament with, hopefully, lots of good cricket and postings here.
Predictions of who will win this tournament:
  1. England - Because the tournament is in their backyard
  2. Australia - They always do well in tournaments, either winners / finalist
  3. SA - The pitches should suit them
  4. NZ - They were the dark horse at the WC and they proved that they can play ODIs games
  5. India - One cannot leave out India in any tournament but personally I do not think that they will do well as these pitches will not suit them however that being said, this ODI team that India has now is younger and better, lets see how they pan out in this tournament. Still will support my Indian team
  6. SL, WI Pakistan, etc - I do not see these teams doing well but I am sure we will get some good cricket played in this tournament
-----------------------
BEDROOM 2 -
Old 2017-05-24 , 10:02
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

Quote:
Predictions of who will win this tournament:
  1. England - Because the tournament is in their backyard
  2. Australia - They always do well in tournaments, either winners / finalist
  3. SA - The pitches should suit them
  4. NZ - They were the dark horse at the WC and they proved that they can play ODIs games
  5. India - One cannot leave out India in any tournament but personally I do not think that they will do well as these pitches will not suit them however that being said, this ODI team that India has now is younger and better, lets see how they pan out in this tournament. Still will support my Indian team
  6. SL, WI Pakistan, etc - I do not see these teams doing well but I am sure we will get some good cricket played in this tournament
England will suffer BECAUSE it is in their own backyard, the pressure from the press to do well will be immense. They also play a high risk form of cricket, which either works very well or disasterously. Grinding out a tough victory isn't their style. Australia have to start as favourites, because they always are and while they are not the side they once were, they're still a good outfit. SA will not win because this is an ICC competition and they don't win those. NZ are perhaps the dark horses, they are a very good outfit these days, and are definitely worth keeping an eye on. India, well, they're good in India, but elsewhere they struggle. Pakistan can upset anyone on any given day, so could end up winning, but they're also too inconsistent. Sri Lanka are not good enough, and the West Indies are lucky to be there at all.

My summation of the teams.

NZ, Aus, SA and India to make the semi's.
Old 2017-05-25 , 07:28

England thrashed SA by 72 runs yesterday, not a good start for SA in this series.
-----------------------
BEDROOM 2 -
Old 2017-05-25 , 11:10
4K, baby!

Quote:
England thrashed SA by 72 runs yesterday, not a good start for SA in this series.
We have learnt our lesson well over the past couple of years. Then we always went into the tournaments on a high and "carrying the momentum" into them. Now we doing the reverse with the hope that we'll peak at the right time.

Take the captaincy away from "family man" and give it back to Faf. He seems to install more togetherness in the squad. Although in fairness to "family man" it is a bit harsh to judge him on this one loss only.

Still think, no matter who captains the side, that we'll do fairly well in the tournament. Also in the next two ODI's against England.
Old 2017-06-08 , 12:16

Did SA choke yesterday against Pakistan????

Although SA was the favorites to beat Pakistan, Pakistan played very well yesterday, they fielded well & bowled well to restrict SA to a rather low score. I don't think that the D/L method helped Pakistan as they would have still reached that score set by SA

Today hopefully India beat SL to reach the semis of the tournament. If SL beat India, then all teams will have 2 points and the last matches will be vital, I wonder how SA will approach their Indian opponents
-----------------------
BEDROOM 2 -
Old 2017-06-08 , 12:24

I think regardless what happens with other games in the pool, SA will most likely need to be India on Sunday so tough times ahead!
Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora 1 (Primary) & HDPVR 2P (Secondary) in lounge, Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture and audio via Onkyo TX-NR626 receiver, Samsung BD-F7500 3D Blu-Ray player. Explora 1 in bedroom with HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV.
Old 2017-06-08 , 13:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krugie View Post
I think regardless what happens with other games in the pool, SA will most likely need to be India on Sunday so tough times ahead!
If India beat Sri Lanka (which is looking quite likely at the moment) then South Africa may still go through if they lost to India, provided that Sri Lanka beat Pakistan. But the better outcome would be to beat India and not have to rely on the result of the other match.