Forum > Content > Sport > F1 - Rosberg retires...
Old 2016-12-02 , 19:32
Changes remote batteries daily

Default F1 - Rosberg retires...

What a time to retire after winning his first world championship at the tender age of 31...Good luck to him on his future endeavors. He has been a sport and patient enough to seize his opportunity. Having said one thing has been on my mind since I heard the news and that is the possibility of Sebastian Vettel joining Lewis Hamilton @ Mercedes. What a feat that would be for the two 4time world champion at their prime to race one another with the same car. The idea is mouthwatering and this competition perhaps needs this more than ever. I really hope this fantasy becomes reality in the next few weeks...I should say the entire fraternity of F1 is awaiting with bated breath what happens next.
Old 2016-12-05 , 16:16
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toto View Post
What a time to retire after winning his first world championship at the tender age of 31...Good luck to him on his future endeavors. He has been a sport and patient enough to seize his opportunity. Having said one thing has been on my mind since I heard the news and that is the possibility of Sebastian Vettel joining Lewis Hamilton @ Mercedes. What a feat that would be for the two 4time world champion at their prime to race one another with the same car. The idea is mouthwatering and this competition perhaps needs this more than ever. I really hope this fantasy becomes reality in the next few weeks...I should say the entire fraternity of F1 is awaiting with bated breath what happens next.
Firstly, I think it's a massive cop-out by Rosberg. He knows he only won the championship because the lion's share of the bad luck went Hamilton's way (including Rosberg shunting him out of the race on a couple of occasions), and even then he only just managed to win. He knows he isn't half the racer Lewis is, and got out before the rest of the world figured it out. A true champion would come back and try to defend his title, not walk away from the challenge.

I would put money on Seb not going to Merc. It will be just too combustible an environment for him with Hamilton there. And by the way, there would only be one 4 time world champion there if he did go, at least in the first season, as Lewis is only a 3 time champion.

My favourite for the slot is actually Pascal Wehrlein. He's already under contract to Merc, basically on loan to Manor, so he's the logical choice. I'm not sure Merc would want to pay huge money to get someone else bought out of their contract. Wehrlein has done relatively well with what is, let's face it, a piece of rubbish at the back of the grid, so he can't be that bad. Give him a good car, and let's see what he can do.
Old 2016-12-10 , 15:32
Knows how to use a remote

What were you watching Rosberg push Hamilton out of races you mean Hamilton pushed Rosberg out and when Rosberg returned the favour he was given a penalty. As to Hamilton having reliability issues he hammers the cars that he drives so maybe it's his driving that is his problem. Rosberg looks after his car. Hamilton last four wins was because Rosberg was not going to take a chance of wrecking his car or having mechanical breakdowns that is called car management.
Old 2016-12-12 , 09:09
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by bothafire View Post
What were you watching Rosberg push Hamilton out of races you mean Hamilton pushed Rosberg out and when Rosberg returned the favour he was given a penalty. As to Hamilton having reliability issues he hammers the cars that he drives so maybe it's his driving that is his problem. Rosberg looks after his car. Hamilton last four wins was because Rosberg was not going to take a chance of wrecking his car or having mechanical breakdowns that is called car management.
If you want car management, go look in a showroom. F1 is for RACERS. And even though I don't like Lewis all that much, he's far more of that than Rosberg ever was.

And it wasn't just me that said Rosberg was at fault on most occasions. The FIA stewards and general F1 press all agreed on that one.