Forum > Discussions > Discussions > Weekend Viewing
Old 2016-12-10 , 09:52
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

Default Weekend Viewing

So I get home last night Friday around 9pm and I was too tired to watch TV so I pressed the Blue button to see what is on Catch Up and plan my weekend viewing. At this moment I see

Manhattan
Incorporated has a new episode
I Am Rebel
The Last Ship Season 3
Notorious
Secret and Lies
The Blacklist

Only now am I realising most of these programs are just saying connect your Explora to the internet to download. I don't have internet on my Explora, does anyone know the original airing times for these programs so that I can record. I'd be most grateful for your assistance.
Old 2016-12-10 , 10:23
Changes remote batteries daily

Look out for regular threads like these in the General forum - SCHEDULE UPDATE: M-Net, M-Net Edge, M-Net City and M-Net Family line-up December 2016

You can also use the word search facility on your Explora.
Old 2016-12-10 , 15:08
Changes remote batteries daily

Yip, I am Rebel also states that to me ... although I have a fully working internet-connected setup
40Mb VDSL (ISP AH Capped Unshaped)
------------------------------------------
DSD1110 in holiday mode
DSTV Mobile via Drifta WiFi (S5& iPad)
Old 2016-12-11 , 06:59

I searched all the series and couldn't find I Am Rebel

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 2016-12-11 , 10:22
Changes remote batteries hourly

Episode 3 is on 181 NatGeo on Thurs. @ 21:00.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke7777 View Post
Yip, I am Rebel also states that to me ... although I have a fully working internet-connected setup
It's just a heads-up in the Series folder, Ep. 1 & 2 are on CU+ in the Other Shows folder.
Old 2016-12-11 , 14:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimist View Post
Episode 3 is on 181 NatGeo on Thurs. @ 21:00.

It's just a heads-up in the Series folder, Ep. 1 & 2 are on CU+ in the Other Shows folder.
Oh, so there are shows now heading to Catch Up straight without airing? Or I getting myself confused unnecessarily.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 2016-12-11 , 17:26
Changes remote batteries hourly

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock4us2 View Post
Oh, so there are shows now heading to Catch Up straight without airing? Or I getting myself confused unnecessarily.
It's just some confusion

No show can ever be on CU or CU+ without first being aired on a channel, studio rights don't allow for that.
(There was an exception once, with special studio permission.)

You can't see this actual series listed in your Explora CU / CU+ Other Shows section as you're not set up for using online-accessed CU+ , so can only see CU entries.
All you can see is the 1 minute information-only listing they put in the Series section, which is just an invite to get connected. That small file is only on CU so that you can see it.

Episodes 1 & 2 on the NatGeo channel would have been on in the previous couple of weeks, sorry I thought that was obvious or would have mentioned it but I guess all these things combined made it confusing.

Last edited by Optimist; 2016-12-11 at 17:44. . Reason: Clarity
Old 2016-12-11 , 20:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimist View Post
It's just some confusion

No show can ever be on CU or CU+ without first being aired on a channel, studio rights don't allow for that.
(There was an exception once, with special studio permission.)

You can't see this actual series listed in your Explora CU / CU+ Other Shows section as you're not set up for using online-accessed CU+ , so can only see CU entries.
All you can see is the 1 minute information-only listing they put in the Series section, which is just an invite to get connected. That small file is only on CU so that you can see it.

Episodes 1 & 2 on the NatGeo channel would have been on in the previous couple of weeks, sorry I thought that was obvious or would have mentioned it but I guess all these things combined made it confusing.
Lately Nat Geo has lost shows that interest me. I am more into historical factual doccies; shows like Brain Games, Mystery Files, Is It Real, Street Genius, Ghost Town Gold, Yukon Gold, Monster Fish are lost on me and I rarely ever tune in nowadays. So it's most likely when episode 1 & 2 aired I missed them and my fault. I'll watch them on DSTV Now.

Thank you very much for your assistance.