Forum > Content > General > Itís here! The DStv Explora now connects to the internet
Closed Thread  
Old 2014-11-27 , 13:37
MultiChoice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth View Post
I see too that the 1st Episode of Mom is available on Catch Up Plus. It is also still available on normal Explora Catch Up and only expires on 5/12. I really cannot see the point of this. Why would someone want to use up bandwidth to download something on Catch Up Plus that is already there on Catch up.

I really thought that the whole idea of CU+ was to be able to get 'other" programs that do not come onto Catch Up or those episodes that have already expired from CU.
Thanks Elizabeth. We've checked with the team and this is a teething issue.
You should never see programmes listed in both Catch Up and Catch Up Plus on your DStv Explora.
Programmes may move to DStv Catch Up Plus once expired from normal Catch Up in order to give people more time to watch them. Thanks for alerting us.
Old 2014-11-27 , 21:18
Changes remote batteries daily

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Brenda View Post
Thanks Elizabeth. We've checked with the team and this is a teething issue.
You should never see programmes listed in both Catch Up and Catch Up Plus on your DStv Explora.
Programmes may move to DStv Catch Up Plus once expired from normal Catch Up in order to give people more time to watch them. Thanks for alerting us.
Are there other shows that appear on the online Catch Up but are not on Explora Catch Up eventually going to be included in CU+ eg Bad Teacher is one that does not appear on CU but I know is on the online Catch Up. This has not as yet been added to CU+.

This I think is what Catch Up Plus would be really useful for, is if you miss a program that is not on Catch Up then you could download onto Catch Up +. Otherwise I really don't see the point of CU+.
Old 2014-11-27 , 21:29
Changes remote batteries hourly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth View Post
This I think is what Catch Up Plus would be really useful for, is if you miss a program that is not on Catch Up then you could download onto Catch Up +.
The amount of time any episode can be available is limited by studio rights, so don't think CU+ will make a difference to that. It's mostly about offering extra titles, then you get to choose which of them to get and put on the remaining harddrive space available.
Old 2014-11-27 , 21:41
Changes remote batteries hourly

It just occurred to me that a feature that would be nice (I don't recall it being mentioned as available) would be something similar to Series Record - called "Series Downloading" or similar it would allow for automatic downloading of all episodes in a season that's on CU+.

Last edited by Optimist; 2014-11-27 at 21:54. .
Old 2014-12-01 , 15:23
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimist View Post
It just occurred to me that a feature that would be nice (I don't recall it being mentioned as available) would be something similar to Series Record - called "Series Downloading" or similar it would allow for automatic downloading of all episodes in a season that's on CU+.
Great idea!