Forum > DStv Forum Archive (12 May 2014) > English Premiership 2013-2014

Old 2014-05-08 , 11:11
4K, baby!

Toto. Would never have guessed what the numbers actually meant. As you say, "very clever".

While we live we hope but it is rather a long shot, an extreme LONG SHOT, that Liverpool can win the league this season. However, I feel that West Ham have a better chance of beating Man City than Villa had. But, realistically, I think the league title is done and dusted with City being the winners. Would expect Liverpool to beat Newcastle so finishing second, or as someone else said, first of the losers isn't too bad a showing for this season.

Wondered why giggs picked the side that he did for last weekend's game. Had some decent players on the bench but went for two youngsters up front and picked Fellaini as well. Almost got the impression that he was covering himself in case of defeat. Could use the excuse that he was giving youngsters a chance. But maybe that's all it was. Him giving younger players a chance to prove what they could do. wilson scored two goals and the commentators were raving about him. Second goal was a tap in which even I could have scored, I think, while first one was well taken but what one would expect from any striker. Cannot recall him doing anything remarkable other than scoring those two goals. But time will tell whether he is indeed as good as some are making him out to be.

Relegation teams settled with Norwich now also one of the sides being relegated. (Seem to remember that if Sunderland won Norwich were out? Or are West Brom still in the mix?)
Old 2014-05-10 , 08:35
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by beetle bailey View Post
Look at the Scottish League where Glasgow Rangers are running away with the title. Last I saw they were so far ahead of second place that if you took their points and had them one point ahead of this second placed side, they'd still have enough points over to be third or fourth bottom of the log.
Rangers are in the Scottish league 1 due to going into administration, as opposed to Celtic who are in the Scottish premiership.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Old 2014-05-10 , 10:25
4K, baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd_steve View Post
Rangers are in the Scottish league 1 due to going into administration, as opposed to Celtic who are in the Scottish premiership.

Quite correct sd_steve. I should perhaps have mentioned that but the point being made was the huge lead that Rangers had over the rest of the clubs. Even if we all know that Rangers are way too good to be playing in any Scottish league other than the Premiership one.
Old 2014-05-12 , 07:55
Changes remote batteries daily

The curtains are down for the 2013/2014 EPL season

Well done MC on winning the league - surprising that with a team like MC, one would expect that they would win the EPL with a fair margin of points

Liverpool has played the best football in the 2013/2014 season, they deserved to win the EPL title however pressure led them to failure. Sorry to all the Liverpool fans, this was you'll best shot at the EPL title

That is how Chelsea's season ended - a rather dismal one because Chelsea had high hopes when Mourinho came in as their manager

Arsenal dominated the EPL for the better part of the season but they just could not retain their winning ways

MU employing David Moyes from Everton was indeed the worst signing ever. Unfortunately top clubs want results and Moyes was never the manager for MU. He had to fill the shoes of SAF and that was some big shoes. MU is going to employ a manager in the off season, maybe Van Gaal might be the right manager however time will tell

Loved the banter for the 2013/2014 - Cheers for this season
HDPVR 2P, 42" Samsung LED TV
-----------------------
BEDROOM 2 -
Phillips 42" LED TV, Can View Both The PVR & 2P
Old 2014-05-12 , 10:44

It took Utd 26 years from the years Sir Busby to the first title of Sir Alex Ferguson. How long will it take L'pool? It's 24 years counting...What does YNWA stand for. Is it "You'll never walk alone" or perhaps " You'll never win Again"

Last edited by Toto; 2014-05-12 at 10:47. .
Old 2014-05-12 , 14:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toto View Post
What does YNWA stand for. Is it "You'll never walk alone" or perhaps " You'll never win Again"
Love the different meanings of the acronyms

Trust me when I say, I am sooooooooo happy that Liverpool never win the this season's EPL. Most of their supporters would have had a lot to say. Now the only thing they say is that at the beginning of the season, they wanted a top 4 finish

It is going to be difficult for Liverpool to maintain their run in the EPL because they have CL to play as well - that can drain the players and manager alike
-----------------------
BEDROOM 2 -
Old 2014-05-12 , 17:14
4K, baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynn View Post
It is going to be difficult for Liverpool to maintain their run in the EPL because they have CL to play as well - that can drain the players and manager alike
Going to be good to see what united do next season and if they can match what Liverpool did this season by pushing Manchester City right up to the last game. Remember that united will have no European football next year so they should at the very least be expected to match Liverpool's showing of this year.

To the Manchester City supporters and team, well done and congratulations.

To you united supporters how you must enjoy seeing your two arch enemies sitting in positions one and two on the log while you languish down in mid table. Saviour giggs didn't end up doing any better than moyes did he? Going to be interesting to see what players you manage to attract to the club next year. van gaal almost certain to be appointed manager.

Chelsea didn't do too badly but wish Mourinho wouldn't always complain so much. On about his not having a decent striker in the squad. Whose fault is that? Perhaps if he had kept some of his loan players, Lukaku?, he may have done better. Like Man City he has one of the biggest squads of quality players and one would have expected more of them. Although they did finish third after playing in Champions League and getting to the semi finals so not entirely a bad season for them. I do, however, wonder what the mood in the squad is like having read recently that Hazard has criticised the style of play, Oscar hardly getting a game and Mourinho moaning about a lack of strike force. Surely this cannot be good for morale?

Arsenal fell away badly towards the end and came very close to failing to qualify for the Champions League for next year. See Wenger says he'll be with them next year as well.

As things now stand and before the transfer window opens I can see the above four teams being favourites to finish in the top four again next year. However, a lot will depend on how the squads are strengthened. Wouldn't write off united just yet but with the other sides all going to be strengthening their squads united will have to spend fairly big to keep in touch.

Stoke spending another year with the big boys. Well done.

Now what do I watch on a Saturday and Sunday afternoon?
Old 2014-05-13 , 06:56
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

We go again!

Old 2014-05-13 , 07:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by beetle bailey View Post
Now what do I watch on a Saturday and Sunday afternoon?
For the coming weekends, I would probably missed the EPL but at least there is the IPL, getting interesting these days

Vidic & Ferdinand is gone from MU, they are also looking at getting Shaw's signature which means that Evra should be going soon - this means that MU will be looking to beef up their defence drastically. MU never had a good defence from the time I can remember, even the likes of Bruce & Pallister in the yester years was good but not good enough, we all know what they boys did at the back
-----------------------
BEDROOM 2 -