Old 2010-12-02 , 09:44
Still listens to the wireless

Unhappy TV Guide not working

I installed my HD PVR (2P) yesterday. When going to the TV guide, I can't see any details of programs 3hours onwards. It shows me the current program per channel, and the one after that. But nothing is visible after that, also nothing for the next day.

What can be the problem anyone? I have called the call centre 4 times and each time I get another answer (that does not help me at all).

Hope someone can help!
Thx
Old 2010-12-02 , 10:35
MultiChoice

@lovelight - Even though I am not a technical person, I know that the first two programmes on your TV guide (i-Plate) come in with your live television signal. The rest of the TV guide is pulled from your decoder memory (the 2nd channel on your 2P). This same channel is also assigned for your PVR recordings. Therefore, if there is interference with the signal eg rainstorms or you have recordings scheduled at the time it tries to download, your TV guide would not have downloaded.

Ensure you leave your decoder on and cancel your recordings and it should download. Also, when you are scrolling, give it a little bit of time.
Old 2010-12-02 , 10:44
Changes remote batteries hourly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovelight View Post
I installed my HD PVR (2P) yesterday. When going to the TV guide, I can't see any details of programs 3hours onwards. It shows me the current program per channel, and the one after that. But nothing is visible after that, also nothing for the next day.

What can be the problem anyone? I have called the call centre 4 times and each time I get another answer (that does not help me at all).

Hope someone can help!
Thx
You do have a Dual LNB connected to both 2 LNB ports. What is you signal strength and quality on Tuner 2?

G
Old 2010-12-02 , 11:19
MultiChoice

@lovelight - what you are experiencing points to a problem with tuner 2. It may be that you have a loose connection or that there is a signal quality issue. BTW, you may also find that you have difficulties getting recordings to work correctly.
If you have a multiswitch in your installation, it may be the port on the multiswitch which is faulty. One quick way to ID this is to swop the cables between tuner 1 and tuner 2. If the guide then works correctly, it confirms a problem with tuner 2 (and the cabling connecting it to the satellite).
PS : Moving this thread to the HD PVR section.
Old 2010-12-03 , 10:44
Still listens to the wireless

Thx for your feedback & assistance. I checked this morning and noted that under "tuner 2" there's nothing, is this suppose to be empty? Tuner 1 has info under it, but not Tuner 2.

I have swopped the cables but if I do this there's no reception and I get an error message saying I must check my signal/installation.
Old 2010-12-03 , 10:54
MultiChoice

If you are getting that error when you swap cables it definitely points to a problem at the installation (and with the connections). You don't mention if you are using a multiswitch in your installation,but if you are, it is most likely the cause (possibly a dead port).
Old 2010-12-03 , 11:27
Technical Myriad

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Brenda (ex iTV) View Post
If you are getting that error when you swap cables it definitely points to a problem at the installation (and with the connections). You don't mention if you are using a multiswitch in your installation,but if you are, it is most likely the cause (possibly a dead port).
The other possibility is that you have an LNB failure and /or a cable failure if you do not have a MS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovelight View Post
Thx for your feedback & assistance. I checked this morning and noted that under "tuner 2" there's nothing, is this suppose to be empty? Tuner 1 has info under it, but not Tuner 2.

I have swopped the cables but if I do this there's no reception and I get an error message saying I must check my signal/installation.
tuner 2 should always show signal strength and quality levels.
Win 10 Pro (64-bit) version 1703, build 15063.138
1.2m antenna, 8-way universal LNB, 2x6 MS, FSM permanently connected.
MS Edge 40 with MSEdge HTML 15
Old 2010-12-03 , 11:49
A big, eagle-eyed baobab.

My money is on this being a single LNB feed + a non-LNB feed
Old 2010-12-03 , 11:52
Changes remote batteries hourly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merv G View Post
My money is on this being a single LNB feed + a non-LNB feed
If I was a betting man, this was my 1st thought...