Old 2017-09-29 , 08:28
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

If its anything to by, i have had more mod interactions in the general section than any other section. The Sport Section is notorious for no responses so it should just be suspended. Why bother entice us in the first place?
Old 2017-09-29 , 08:34
Changes remote batteries hourly

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock4us2 View Post
The Sport Section is notorious for no responses so it should just be suspended. Why bother entice us in the first place?
Sometimes. At other times response has been good, including a few days ago.
The section is also used for making suggestions (which we've been promised are always passed on), and for Forumites to have their own sports discussions.
So no, removing it won't achieve anything of value. But I do agree it needs a shake-up.
Old 2017-09-29 , 10:00
Changes remote batteries daily

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimist View Post
@Krugie & Luke, what you're both forgetting is something we've been told in the past - the forum consists (or used to consist) of volunteer managers..
Not forgetting anything, since we're being reminded of that whenever there is a lack of feedback . If one 'volunteer' isn't able to cope or to respond within a reasonable time , then add another volunteer. If MC states that "XYZ will be looking after this section' then that's what should happen. We don't expect responses within minutes (well, we do, but hey... ) , but days... nope

Btw, I see Natasha is still looking after Customer Support. You also often mention MC Kenneth.. not sure where he fits in ?
100/50 Fibre (OpenServe/AH Capped)
------------------------------------------
DSD1110 in holiday mode
DSTV Mobile via Drifta WiFi (S5& iPad)
Old 2017-09-29 , 10:12

Ya / nee, agree to an extent but to what degree can someone who isn't a manager really reliably answer some of our more hairy and awesome queries?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke7777 View Post
Btw, I see Natasha is still looking after Customer Support. You also often mention MC Kenneth.. not sure where he fits in ?
Sadly Natasha left MC, the intro info about that section just hasn't been updated yet.

MC Marietjie announced that MC Kenneth was taking over MC Lindi's forum leadership position when she resigned, but I've only seen him in the lounge and I think two other threads :-/
Maybe he's still in training or something, I've got no idea.
Old 2017-09-29 , 10:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimist View Post
Ya / nee, agree to an extent but to what degree can someone who isn't a manager really reliably answer some of our more hairy and awesome queries?
No , just one that can at least make someone aware that there is a query, if he/she isn't able to assist. In my line of work we call that 1st line support

Quote:
Sadly Natasha left MC, the intro info about that section just hasn't been updated yet.
I know , that's why I just mentioned it

Quote:
MC Marietjie announced that MC Kenneth was taking over MC Lindi's forum leadership position when she resigned, but I've only seen him in the lounge and I think two other threads :-/
Maybe he's still in training or something, I've got no idea.
Got it thanks. So I assume MC will then also update the intro with that info sometime...
DSD1110 in holiday mode
Old 2017-09-29 , 10:23

Very blonde question, where on the forum do u see the mods and their roles i.e. section they are responsible for or you guys have just been here long enough that you all this stuff?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 2017-09-29 , 10:25

Quote:
Very blonde question, where on the forum do u see the mods and their roles i.e. section they are responsible for or you guys have just been here long enough that you all this stuff?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
http://forum.dstv.com/index.php
DSD1110 in holiday mode
Old 2017-09-29 , 10:29

Agreed Luke.

@Rocky, I don't think that's a blonde question, we all have to learn these things.

The sections and their descriptions are on the home page Luke gave the link for, something you may not access as easily from your portable devices.
Old 2017-09-29 , 10:33

The next obvious question is how do you qoute a username, for example @Optimist just displays text
Old 2017-09-29 , 10:36

Quote:
The next obvious question is how do you qoute a username, for example @Optimist just displays text
My turn to be blonde, I've got no idea what you mean...