Old 2017-09-27 , 17:55
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

Default Sport Section

Is posting something in the Sport section of the forum a futile worst of time? Are there no mods responsible for that section?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 2017-09-28 , 12:09
Changes remote batteries daily

They do need a wake up call from time to time
100/50 Fibre (OpenServe/AH Capped)
------------------------------------------
DSD1110 in holiday mode
DSTV Mobile via Drifta WiFi (S5& iPad)
Old 2017-09-28 , 12:11

I think as stakeholder we just need to admit its trying to get blood out of a stone and MC can just close that section.
Old 2017-09-28 , 13:21

It is not just the sport section - there has not really been any improvement overall since I raised the issue some time ago.

The "Two Broke Girls" thread has been unanswered for days and there has been no response or correction made to the issue I raised on the October highlights thread regarding the missing The Handmaid's Tale - tomorrow it will be 10 days ago.
Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora 1 (Primary) & HDPVR 2P (Secondary) in lounge, Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture and audio via Onkyo TX-NR626 receiver, Samsung BD-F7500 3D Blu-Ray player. Explora 1 in bedroom with HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV.

Last edited by Krugie; 2017-09-28 at 14:05. .
Old 2017-09-28 , 13:53
MultiChoice

Folks do you want to have this conversation with each other or with us?
Old 2017-09-28 , 18:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Marietjie View Post
Folks do you want to have this conversation with each other or with us?
We are not fitting for a fight, but just asking that the forum be streamlined and become actually useful. I asked something about WWE and still nothing, if no one is going to answer then let's just admit and move one.

Old 2017-09-28 , 18:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock4us2 View Post
We are not fitting for a fight, but just asking that the forum be streamlined and become actually useful. I asked something about WWE and still nothing, if no one is going to answer then let's just admit and move one.

I think MoM is referring to the fact that this was posted in the Discussion session (which is not really monitored) instead of the General section - but then again, some sections that should be monitored aren't really either so chances of a response are similar...
Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora 1 (Primary) & HDPVR 2P (Secondary) in lounge, Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture and audio via Onkyo TX-NR626 receiver, Samsung BD-F7500 3D Blu-Ray player. Explora 1 in bedroom with HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV.
Old 2017-09-28 , 21:05

Since we're discussing this among us , if the Sport mod hasn't been online since last Thursday, it pretty much speaks for itself. And it's not the first time either. If a mod responsible for a forum can't for whatever reason do that part of his job, then surely he/she can delegate that responsibility to a colleague. But that's just my opinion

Btw, the description of this forum does say "This section is for general discussions about MultiChoice or our DStv service." So not totally out of place...
100/50 Fibre (OpenServe/AH Capped)
------------------------------------------
DSD1110 in holiday mode
DSTV Mobile via Drifta WiFi (S5& iPad)

Last edited by Luke7777; 2017-09-28 at 21:08. .
Old 2017-09-29 , 07:58
Changes remote batteries hourly

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock4us2 View Post
...just asking that the forum be streamlined and...
Never going to happen, you're the only one verbalising your desire for that and as touched on before the various sections are all needed for this complex service, which those of us more widely involved all know.
Having grown up with Twitter and the like it's understandable you would see things that way, however this structure is completely normal for all forums worldwide.

Some of the details of how it's actually been done is a concern for some though, for instance a few of us have discussed that the name of the "General" forum section can be misleading.
There are some titling and other changes made every few years, so it could end up improving more to your liking anyway ;-)
Old 2017-09-29 , 08:21
Changes remote batteries hourly

@Krugie & Luke, what you're both forgetting is something we've been told in the past - the forum consists (or used to consist) of volunteer managers...

I think this must have changed to some degree over the years as it's since been labelled as an official customer touchpoint, but I certainly suspect "growth" pains.

(A rather long growth... , but we have to remember that a business offering a wide open forum like this with direct public access to their senior staff is still considered rather unique, and a privilege in some respects.
From our customer point of view, it should be a given and widely available, but the reality is that we do have a special opportunity here and we're not going to force the door open wider with any ease

IMO some sections have improved with their comms, such as Broadcast Errors and usually in Installations, and coming along now is the CU & DStv Now sections, and a bit of an improvement in the decoders section.
But agree, much further improvement is needed.

And sorry to single out an individual, but as MC Kenneth is supposed to be running the whole show here I must ask where he is 99% of the time...