Forum > Content > Sport > Barclays English Premier League 2017-2018
Old 2017-05-21 , 18:25
4K, baby!

Default Barclays English Premier League 2017-2018

OK Guys,
Here is the new season's EPL thread to discuss transfer news over the European Summer, for starters; as well as management and club ownership changes.
Cheers, K
Old 2017-05-22 , 12:05
4K, baby!

FA Cup and Wednesday's Mickey Mouse Europa League Cup to be discussed in this season's thread please. That's if there isn't already a dedicated thread for those two competitions.

Thanks for this thread Sandtonman.
Old 2017-06-22 , 17:02
4K, baby!

So when is the first game of this new season taking place? This coming Saturday? Feels like I've been without my "fix" for months already. How am I ever going to last for another two months? Drink anyone?
Old 2017-06-22 , 17:43
Changes remote batteries daily

Quote:
Originally Posted by beetle bailey View Post
How am I ever going to last for another two months? Drink anyone?
Eish, tell me about it! Maybe try Wimbledon then pre-season football. That's my plan...ConfedCup is useless to me...
Old 2017-06-22 , 19:48
4K, baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toto View Post
Eish, tell me about it! Maybe try Wimbledon then pre-season football. That's my plan...ConfedCup is useless to me...
Unfortunately no other football matches the intensity of the EPL as far as I'm concerned. Have been watching some of the Confederation Cup games and then there's been the cricket to keep me occupied. Also following the transfer window insofar as Liverpool are concerned with one eye looking at what players others are signing. Just hope that Supersport line up a lot of pre-season friendlies and competitions for us. Anything to help us get through this dry patch.
Old 2017-06-23 , 08:17
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

https://www.fromthegrapevine.com/blo...s-around-world

Some fun reading. I would like to draw Liverpool supporter's attention to the last paragraph...

Everton have been quite big spenders this transfer season already. Without selling anyone of any consequence that I know of. I do question whether a goalkeeper aged 23 is worth 30 million, but according to some sources he was one of the best in the Premier League last season (he would've got a lot of practice being in goal for Sunderland).

Last edited by OrangeII; 2017-06-23 at 08:19. .
Old 2017-06-23 , 08:44
4K, baby!

Morning Forumites!
I'll set up the SuperBru pool when I get back to the UK from Skiathos, next week, assuming the EPL is open for members.

So, with Arsenal again winning the FA Cup we will look out for tickets for the Community Shield at Wembley. Also will try for the home game against Leicester. They are the only possibilities for matches, this trip.
Who knows what the squad will look like when the season starts. Big doubts over Sanchez and Ozil still. I'd hate for Sanchez to go to City, even if we have to sell a couple of players to keep him.
Cheers K

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
Old 2017-06-23 , 11:19
4K, baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeII View Post
https://www.fromthegrapevine.com/blo...s-around-world

Some fun reading. I would like to draw Liverpool supporter's attention to the last paragraph...

Everton have been quite big spenders this transfer season already. Without selling anyone of any consequence that I know of. I do question whether a goalkeeper aged 23 is worth 30 million, but according to some sources he was one of the best in the Premier League last season (he would've got a lot of practice being in goal for Sunderland).
Unless I'm reading the message incorrectly Liverpool won the EPL in 2012? News to me. If that is what IS being said then the whole article is suspect. Further, recent political polls showed that American and British polls were going to be victories for certain parties only for neither of them to win. So these polls regarding what sides are supported are also suspect.

I will however admit that there are more sheep in the world than there are leaders and so would accept that man united possibly have the most supporters world wide. Arsenal also have a huge following in Africa, or so I've been told, and no doubt have lots of followers elsewhere. I'll be slightly surprised if Chelsea though have more followers than either of the above two teams or Liverpool for that matter.

As for Everton? Think they'll even have to struggle to have the majority of supporters in ONE household never mind the world?
Old 2017-06-23 , 11:26
4K, baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtonman View Post
Morning Forumites!
I'll set up the SuperBru pool when I get back to the UK from Skiathos, next week, assuming the EPL is open for members.

So, with Arsenal again winning the FA Cup we will look out for tickets for the Community Shield at Wembley. Also will try for the home game against Leicester. They are the only possibilities for matches, this trip.
Who knows what the squad will look like when the season starts. Big doubts over Sanchez and Ozil still. I'd hate for Sanchez to go to City, even if we have to sell a couple of players to keep him.
Cheers K

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
Enjoy your stay and the football. Safe return trip and will be waiting to join your Superbru Pool once it's set up.
Old 2017-07-11 , 09:43
Still listens to the wireless

any pre-season games going to be showed on ss3?