Forum > DStv Forum Archive (12 May 2014) > Missing titles on Catch Up
Old 2013-08-07 , 22:36
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

Default Missing titles on Catch Up

I can't find Castle anywhere on Catch up. I wanted to download them to watch them later, but no can do. Same applies with Covert Affairs. What's going on? Seeing as we don't have capacity on our HD PVR2, we are now being denied some titles on catch to entice us to purchase the Explora?
Old 2013-08-08 , 09:47
MultiChoice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flojo497 View Post
I can't find Castle anywhere on Catch up. I wanted to download them to watch them later, but no can do. Same applies with Covert Affairs. What's going on?
Hi Flojo497,

Here's a link to Castle: http://catchup.dstv.com/show-detail/...tle/83/v320254
And here's a link for Covert Affairs: http://catchup.dstv.com/show-detail/...rs/383/v311014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flojo497 View Post
Seeing as we don't have capacity on our HD PVR2, we are now being denied some titles on catch to entice us to purchase the Explora?
That's a little unfair don't you think? For years, even long before the Explora was even thought of, there have been capacity constraints on HD and SD PVRs and we've had to select what is made available.

The bottom line is that there's just too much good stuff being made available and not enough hard drive space on PVRs. We can't exactly manufacture additional hard drive space out of thin air can we?

It's exactly the reason we introduced Catch Up online - to try and fill the gap where we couldn't get everything on PVRs all at once.

Obviously your experience on an Explora would be significantly better, but that's purely down to the fact that it has a bigger hard drive so we can make more content available.

If you know how to fit 175 hours' worth of HD content into a 20 hours' worth of hard drive capacity without a loss in quality, I think we might have a job for you.

MC Nic.

Last edited by MC Nic; 2013-08-08 at 10:03. .
Old 2013-08-09 , 22:52
Changes remote batteries daily

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Nic View Post
If you know how to fit 175 hours' worth of HD content into a 20 hours' worth of hard drive capacity without a loss in quality, I think we might have a job for you.
H.265

Well, not quite that much, but it would help.
Old 2013-08-21 , 13:13
Still gets up to change channels

Default Catch-Up Titles on SD decoder

MC Nic.[/QUOTE]"That's a little unfair don't you think? For years, even long before the Explora was even thought of, there have been capacity constraints on HD and SD PVRs and we've had to select what is made available."

My SD decoder had NO catch-up titles over the weekend and 4 last night. Am I being subtly pushed into getting the EXPLORA or is there a more scientific explanation?
Old 2013-08-21 , 13:28
Changes remote batteries hourly

Welcome to posting Pingle

See this sticky: Why are DStv Catch Up shows missing from my PVR?

Let MC Nic know if you have any questions.
Old 2013-08-21 , 13:34
MultiChoice

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingle View Post

My SD decoder had NO catch-up titles over the weekend and 4 last night. Am I being subtly pushed into getting the EXPLORA or is there a more scientific explanation?

Hi pingle,

Welcome to the forum

Nope, no nefarious schemes here. We're just happy to have you as a customer, whether you have an SD PVR or Explora.

(But if you DID get an Explora...well...you won't be disappointed).

Check out the stickies as Optimist suggested. Let me know if you need any additional help.

MC Nic.
Old 2013-08-21 , 13:47
Technical Myriad

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingle View Post
MC Nic.
"That's a little unfair don't you think? For years, even long before the Explora was even thought of, there have been capacity constraints on HD and SD PVRs and we've had to select what is made available."

My SD decoder had NO catch-up titles over the weekend and 4 last night. Am I being subtly pushed into getting the EXPLORA or is there a more scientific explanation?[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

I guess we can now "spill the beans"

Until MC moved the "HD channels" to DVB-S2, the SD PVR was more than capable of picking up the HD channels ---.

In fact many, many times MC would "slip up" and the HD channels were available anyway, for days on end on the SD PVR. In the beginning a few of us used to think it "the right thing to do" and report these slip ups but thank goodness that misguided sense of duty went away.

Of course you could not view them in HD as the SD PVR does not support HDMI, but the quality was noticeably better than the equivalent SD channel.

The mess up last week and over the weekend with CU and BO had nothing to do with anything except possibly one of the causes referred to in the link.

I would STRONGLY recommend NOT to give up the SD PVR but combine it with the Explora and get view 3 record 3 with all the benefits of the SD PVR retained. the package cost is the same as you pay now.

The Explora becomes the Primary decoder. and the SD PVR becomes the secondary decoder.
Win 10 Pro (64-bit) version 1703, build 15063.138
1.2m antenna, 8-way universal LNB, 2x6 MS, FSM permanently connected.
MS Edge 40 with MSEdge HTML 15

Last edited by Geoff D; 2013-08-21 at 13:51. .
Old 2013-08-21 , 15:20

View 3 record 2
Old 2013-08-27 , 19:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyndonl View Post
View 3 record 2
Depends on the other decoder. Well spotted in this particular case ;-)

But actually,
View 2, Record 1
PLUS
View 1, Record 1 (2 For 4P/T)
Using one subscription under one roof.