Forum > DStv Forum Archive (12 May 2014) > ALL ACCESS HD Cancellation

Old 2011-06-20 , 10:38
Changes remote batteries daily

Default ALL ACCESS HD Cancellation

Hi

I'm not sure if this has been addressed before. I would probably think so but I have not seen such a thread. Can anyone advise why the Award winning show "All Access" which showcases the best places of SA and of the world in stunning HD was downgraded from MNET (HD) to Mzangi Magic? Did MNET explain? If not, can you please get them to give us some meaningful explaination. That was one was of my favourites shows which made me keep my HD subscription... I never had a chance to ask why such a dumb move in my opinion. (Sorry I am just being honest about I feel about the decision)

Last edited by Toto; 2011-06-20 at 11:11. .
Old 2011-06-20 , 12:25
Changes remote batteries hourly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toto View Post
Hi

I'm not sure if this has been addressed before. I would probably think so but I have not seen such a thread. Can anyone advise why the Award winning show "All Access" which showcases the best places of SA and of the world in stunning HD was downgraded from MNET (HD) to Mzangi Magic? Did MNET explain? If not, can you please get them to give us some meaningful explaination. That was one was of my favourites shows which made me keep my HD subscription... I never had a chance to ask why such a dumb move in my opinion. (Sorry I am just being honest about I feel about the decision)
TV with T has the reason, they downgraded the whole show and even some of the presenters left.....
Old 2011-06-20 , 12:37

Everything in SA is lacking quality these days

Shows get downgraded and put onto cheaper subscriptions and aim for a different demographic.

I can see DSTV losing a lot more Premium subscribers if they keep making these pathetic moves.
Old 2011-06-20 , 12:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by sualk View Post
Everything in SA is lacking quality these days

Shows get downgraded and put onto cheaper subscriptions and aim for a different demographic.

I can see DSTV losing a lot more Premium subscribers if they keep making these pathetic moves.
Your assessment sounds correct to me. Can MC comment please?
Old 2011-06-20 , 13:13
MultiChoice

@Toto - for the same reason as Idols is on Mzansi Magic too this year - trying to make more of the programming available to more subscribers, not just Premium. Mzansi Magic is available to all DStv bouquets, which is why it is getting some of the shows. Just ask any forumite who is a Compact subscriber - they are only too happy to get more content.

Remember, for their own broadcasting licence, M-Net has a local content quota to fulfill.

Last edited by MC Marietjie; 2011-06-20 at 15:33. .
Old 2011-06-20 , 13:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Marietjie View Post
@Toto - for the same reason as Idols is on Mzansi Magic too this year - trying to make more of the programming available to more subscribers, not just Premium. Mzansi Magic is available to all DStv bouquets, which is why it is getting some of the shows. Just ask any forumite who is a Compact or Select subscriber - they are only too happy to get more content.

Remember, for their own broadcasting licence, M-Net has a local content quota to fulfill.
I don't have an issue with getting as much contents as possible on Compact. I do sympathise with them as an ex Compact subscriber but why change the flavour of a successful show? Why not keep it in HD and have repeats on Mzanzi Magic?
Old 2011-06-20 , 15:31
Still gets up to change channels

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Marietjie View Post
@Toto - for the same reason as Idols is on Mzansi Magic too this year - trying to make more of the programming available to more subscribers, not just Premium. Mzansi Magic is available to all DStv bouquets, which is why it is getting some of the shows. Just ask any forumite who is a Compact or Select subscriber - they are only too happy to get more content.

Not true, Mzansi Magic is not available on Select 2. Or am I missing something?
Old 2011-06-20 , 15:33
MultiChoice

Sorry JD007 - you are quite right, it is only on Compact and Premium. Have amended my original entry.
Old 2011-06-20 , 15:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toto View Post
Why not keep it in HD and have repeats on Mzanzi Magic?
Because MNet has chosen to go the simulcast route. A huge mistake in my opinion.

But then, I think we know each others views on this one
Old 2011-06-20 , 15:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon View Post
Because MNet has chosen to go the simulcast route. A huge mistake in my opinion.

But then, I think we know each others views on this one
I disagree about the simulcast story. They could have and should have kept it on M-NET and open it to Mzansi Magic as a repeat. Why not do that?

Marietjie. Have you got any lights to shed? You didn't reply to my previous post.