Forum > DStv Forum Archive (12 May 2014) > ALL ACCESS HD Cancellation
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 2011-06-20 , 10:38
Toto's Avatar
Toto Toto is offline
Changes remote batteries daily
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Rooihuiskraal, Centurion
Posts: 1,723
Default ALL ACCESS HD Cancellation

Hi

I'm not sure if this has been addressed before. I would probably think so but I have not seen such a thread. Can anyone advise why the Award winning show "All Access" which showcases the best places of SA and of the world in stunning HD was downgraded from MNET (HD) to Mzangi Magic? Did MNET explain? If not, can you please get them to give us some meaningful explaination. That was one was of my favourites shows which made me keep my HD subscription... I never had a chance to ask why such a dumb move in my opinion. (Sorry I am just being honest about I feel about the decision)

Last edited by Toto; 2011-06-20 at 11:11. .
  #2  
Old 2011-06-20 , 12:25
gwalker gwalker is offline
Changes remote batteries hourly.
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Gauteng
Posts: 7,461
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toto View Post
Hi

I'm not sure if this has been addressed before. I would probably think so but I have not seen such a thread. Can anyone advise why the Award winning show "All Access" which showcases the best places of SA and of the world in stunning HD was downgraded from MNET (HD) to Mzangi Magic? Did MNET explain? If not, can you please get them to give us some meaningful explaination. That was one was of my favourites shows which made me keep my HD subscription... I never had a chance to ask why such a dumb move in my opinion. (Sorry I am just being honest about I feel about the decision)
TV with T has the reason, they downgraded the whole show and even some of the presenters left.....
__________________
Explora & UEC 2U in Xtraview. HDMI via Yamaha RX-V765 amp and Panel.
  #3  
Old 2011-06-20 , 12:37
sualk's Avatar
sualk sualk is offline
Changes remote batteries daily
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 674
Everything in SA is lacking quality these days

Shows get downgraded and put onto cheaper subscriptions and aim for a different demographic.

I can see DSTV losing a lot more Premium subscribers if they keep making these pathetic moves.
__________________
Setup: Twin LNB, Pace HD PVR 2P, HDMI, 40" HiSense Full HD LED TV.
  #4  
Old 2011-06-20 , 12:57
Toto's Avatar
Toto Toto is offline
Changes remote batteries daily
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Rooihuiskraal, Centurion
Posts: 1,723
Quote:
Originally Posted by sualk View Post
Everything in SA is lacking quality these days

Shows get downgraded and put onto cheaper subscriptions and aim for a different demographic.

I can see DSTV losing a lot more Premium subscribers if they keep making these pathetic moves.
Your assessment sounds correct to me. Can MC comment please?
  #5  
Old 2011-06-20 , 13:13
MC Marietjie's Avatar
MC Marietjie MC Marietjie is offline
MultiChoice
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng
Posts: 8,136
@Toto - for the same reason as Idols is on Mzansi Magic too this year - trying to make more of the programming available to more subscribers, not just Premium. Mzansi Magic is available to all DStv bouquets, which is why it is getting some of the shows. Just ask any forumite who is a Compact subscriber - they are only too happy to get more content.

Remember, for their own broadcasting licence, M-Net has a local content quota to fulfill.

Last edited by MC Marietjie; 2011-06-20 at 15:33. .
  #6  
Old 2011-06-20 , 13:20
Toto's Avatar
Toto Toto is offline
Changes remote batteries daily
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Rooihuiskraal, Centurion
Posts: 1,723
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Marietjie View Post
@Toto - for the same reason as Idols is on Mzansi Magic too this year - trying to make more of the programming available to more subscribers, not just Premium. Mzansi Magic is available to all DStv bouquets, which is why it is getting some of the shows. Just ask any forumite who is a Compact or Select subscriber - they are only too happy to get more content.

Remember, for their own broadcasting licence, M-Net has a local content quota to fulfill.
I don't have an issue with getting as much contents as possible on Compact. I do sympathise with them as an ex Compact subscriber but why change the flavour of a successful show? Why not keep it in HD and have repeats on Mzanzi Magic?
  #7  
Old 2011-06-20 , 15:31
JD007's Avatar
JD007 JD007 is offline
Still gets up to change channels
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Windhoek
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Marietjie View Post
@Toto - for the same reason as Idols is on Mzansi Magic too this year - trying to make more of the programming available to more subscribers, not just Premium. Mzansi Magic is available to all DStv bouquets, which is why it is getting some of the shows. Just ask any forumite who is a Compact or Select subscriber - they are only too happy to get more content.

Remember, for their own broadcasting licence, M-Net has a local content quota to fulfill.
Not true, Mzansi Magic is not available on Select 2. Or am I missing something?
__________________
Complex dish >> HDPVR 2P >> LG 3D 42" LED TV
  #8  
Old 2011-06-20 , 15:33
MC Marietjie's Avatar
MC Marietjie MC Marietjie is offline
MultiChoice
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng
Posts: 8,136
Sorry JD007 - you are quite right, it is only on Compact and Premium. Have amended my original entry.
  #9  
Old 2011-06-20 , 15:39
Simon Simon is offline
Changes remote batteries daily
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Cape Town
Posts: 3,211
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toto View Post
Why not keep it in HD and have repeats on Mzanzi Magic?
Because MNet has chosen to go the simulcast route. A huge mistake in my opinion.

But then, I think we know each others views on this one
__________________
In the land of the blind, the man who says he has one eye is king.
If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right!
Say "NO" to Stretch-O-Vision
  #10  
Old 2011-06-20 , 15:48
Toto's Avatar
Toto Toto is offline
Changes remote batteries daily
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Rooihuiskraal, Centurion
Posts: 1,723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon View Post
Because MNet has chosen to go the simulcast route. A huge mistake in my opinion.

But then, I think we know each others views on this one
I disagree about the simulcast story. They could have and should have kept it on M-NET and open it to Mzansi Magic as a repeat. Why not do that?

Marietjie. Have you got any lights to shed? You didn't reply to my previous post.
 
« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools
Display Modes
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads  | You may not post replies  | You may not post attachments  | You may not edit your posts
BB code is On  | Smilies are On  | [IMG] code is On  | HTML code is Off
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
PVR access fee stevenv General 46 2011-03-31 21:40
Dish ROA cancellation Vs DSTV sub increases Tulani General 14 2011-01-11 22:17
Cannot access PVR schedule on HD PVR 2P Joe1 HD PVR 3 2010-08-03 09:25
Access to BBA Mugaryan DStv Forum Archive (12 May 2014) 3 2010-07-23 08:33
HD PVR cannot access new 24 BruceT HD PVR 1 2009-12-26 09:20