Forum > Content > Sport > Formula One (F1) Beguim- Post Race Coverage
Old 2017-08-27 , 16:54
Knows how to use a remote

Default Formula One (F1) Beguim- Post Race Coverage

Dear SuperSport,

I am an avid fan of F1, and enjoy watching both the pre and post race analysis.

I am becoming highly annoyed at DSTV/Supersport's often abrupt cut off of the post race analysis of Formula One races - in this case the Belguim Grand Prix (this is not the first time).

I pay my premiums primarily for the F1 coverage you offer, which is the only viable option in our wonderful country, yet you continually edit out important parts by overrunning adverts and now cut off 30 minutes of the post race analysis to put on the rugby yet you have 12-15 channels running.

Should I get a refund or look for alternate means to watch F1 in the future as my options are quite limited? Please inform the ailing parties and get back to me if this will happen in the future?.
Old 2017-08-28 , 11:02
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

I fully agree why did SS stuck the All black Australia match played on Saturday which we viewed live in there? The Scheduling allowed for the full duration of the F1 trans mission.
The previous time this happened blame could be apportioned to the actual race overrun due the numerous safety car deployments and the red flag due to safety concerns but this time the race ended on schedule and there is no excuse.
Old 2017-08-28 , 14:35
Still gets up to change channels

Hi Guys

I've asked SS to check and give us feedback on this.

Regards,

Kenneth
Old 2017-08-28 , 15:17

Thanks MC Kenneth. I was just going to start a thread regarding this under the Sport forum to ensure that SS take note of it when I notice your reply. Maybe one of the Mods can move it to the Sport forum.
Old 2017-08-29 , 08:44
Still gets up to change channels

Good day!
SuperSport apologises for the quality of this broadcast, which fell way below the standard we set for ourselves.
This was entirely SuperSport’s error. We ought to have stayed with the post-event wrap and not gone to a repeat of the rugby.
We do endeavour to cover as much of the post-race analysis as possible, although the pressure of live programming elsewhere occasionally comes into consideration.
Our F1 executive producer will keep a rigorous eye on live broadcasts and do his utmost to ensure a high-quality viewing experience.

SS
Old 2017-08-29 , 14:28

Thanks MC Kenneth we will see how things workout this Sunday.
Old 2017-09-16 , 17:42
Knows how to use a remote

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Kenneth View Post
Good day!
SuperSport apologises for the quality of this broadcast, which fell way below the standard we set for ourselves.
This was entirely SuperSportís error. We ought to have stayed with the post-event wrap and not gone to a repeat of the rugby.
We do endeavour to cover as much of the post-race analysis as possible, although the pressure of live programming elsewhere occasionally comes into consideration.
Our F1 executive producer will keep a rigorous eye on live broadcasts and do his utmost to ensure a high-quality viewing experience.

SS
Dear SuperSport,

You have done it again for the Singapore F1 GP, you cut the post race interviews and analysis.

Please advise if I will be getting a refund? There is no point paying just under R1000 a month and not receive full coverage on 15 Sport Channels.

I await your response,

Regards,
Old 2017-09-17 , 18:05
Changes remote batteries daily

For what it's worth, on Supersport Active the results of the Singapore gp show Vettel as finished 3rd, Raikkonen 5th and Hamilton winning in a time of 1 hour 15 minutes.
Old 2017-09-18 , 12:50
SuperSport

Hi Cesarae,

Please check your PM or emails.
Tags
coverage, cut-short, formula one