Forum > Decoders > Installation > New 3 way XV setup
Old 2017-09-05 , 17:53
Still gets up to change channels

Question New 3 way XV setup

Hi all,
Been reading most of the threads on here regarding this topic, but thought I’d start my own tread. Planning on setting up the 3 way XV viewing. We currently have XV setup but need to know the best possible way to setup the new environment.

I know i’m going to have to replace all the equipment, so the plan is to purchase an Explora2 + SLNB (with installation) and 2x 4136 HD Single View Decoders.

Current setup:
Twin LNB
2x4 MS
BR1 Primary: HDPVR 2P
BR2 Secondary: DSD1131 via RF to the TV

So we have a TV in the lounge and entertainment area which is able to pickup both channels (via RF). The plan is to install the third viewing environment in a separate entrance (attached to the main house BR3). We are able to get the feed from the main house here but only the signal from BR2 is clear. The TV in BR1 is the only one connected via HDMI, all the other TVs are RF. With the new setup, BR1-3 would be via HDMI and the lounge and entertainment via RF.

What would be the best way to setup the new environment? I’m most likely going to use the installation voucher, but would like to have an idea on the setup for the installer.

PS! My idea is to remove everything and start with a fresh install, trying to eliminate as much cable with the new setup as possible.

New setup
BR1: Explora2
BR2: 4136 HD Single View
BR3: 4136 HD Single View

Last edited by BAP!; 2017-09-05 at 17:57. .
Old 2017-09-05 , 23:31
Changes remote batteries hourly

Hi, I won't be around so others would need to help.

First you'll need to make this a bit clearer;

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAP! View Post
With the new setup, BR1-3 would be via HDMI and the lounge and entertainment via RF.
1. Do you want to share the HDMI feeds between the BRs, or will each BR only have access to its own decoder.
Remember that only the Explora 2A would be able to offer recordings, Catch Up (CU), Box Office (BO) and buffering of live TV. Many would at least share that decoder.

2. Would your RF fed rooms also want a feed from BR3?

The installation voucher will only cover the basics.
Old 2017-09-06 , 09:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimist View Post
Hi, I won't be around so others would need to help.

First you'll need to make this a bit clearer;

1. Do you want to share the HDMI feeds between the BRs, or will each BR only have access to its own decoder.
Remember that only the Explora 2A would be able to offer recordings, Catch Up (CU), Box Office (BO) and buffering of live TV. Many would at least share that decoder.

2. Would your RF fed rooms also want a feed from BR3?

The installation voucher will only cover the basics.
Hi Optimist,

Apprciate the response.

1. For now each BR will just have access to it's own decoder, with the lounge and entertainment area getting the feed from BR2. Was thinking of maybe just putting the decoder of BR2 in the lounge and using a TVLink in the BR to change the channel.

2. No BR3 will likely not share it's feed.

I assumed the voucher will just cover the basics, just need an idea if there will be any additional costs/equipment i might need to purchase before hand.
Old 2017-09-06 , 12:00
Changes remote batteries daily

This should be straight forward.
To start get the call centre to break the XV connection with the old decoders still on, easier for any later sale of them.

sharing BR2 on RF is understood.

Explora 2A will have to be the new Primary.

RF between all 3 new decoders is needed for heartbeat. If a distance or mess concern then get diplexers for the 4136s and do HB through the SLNB, fine if those LNB cables are not too long, I think it was 15m max. The 2A has a diplexer built in.

User Bands will need to be changed so there are no clashes, he can leave the 2A alone and make the one 4136 index 4 freq 1006, and the other index 5 freq 1057.
Both 4136s may need to be first set to Unicable or maybe it is called SATCR. One could work on the SLNB Universal port but then its HB cannot work through SLNB.

Nothing else needed, many installers will charge for anything more than setup of LNB and one decoder and TV.

If i missed anythign sure others will help.
Old 2017-09-06 , 12:29
Changes remote batteries daily

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdbjhb View Post
sharing BR2 on RF is understood.
If still using RF for HB then do not share with the BR2 distribution needs, it is easier and will work better with the extra wiring now for HB on BR2 decoder to be connected to RF In, and RF feed to other room connected to RF Out.
Old 2017-09-06 , 12:33

Thanks for the responses. Spoke to an installer and think he understands my needs. He will come out and check if I need anything.