Forum > Decoders > Installation > HDMI Splitter
Old 2017-08-21 , 14:31
Changes remote batteries daily

Question HDMI Splitter

Forumites help a brother out. I bought an HDMI Splitter which I intended to connect on two TVs in the same room. Now the problem is that when the the two TVs are connected I receive no picture on both TVs but I can see subtitles, TV Guide in fact I can view everything excluding the picture. I have an Xtra-View on two HDPVR 2Ps. What causes the loss of picture but there's audio?
*AV MultiBox for viewing TV1 on TV2 and TV2 on TV1
*Idling: 1 x 1131 (re-packaged) waiting for XV+
Old 2017-08-21 , 15:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by puggy View Post
Forumites help a brother out. I bought an HDMI Splitter which I intended to connect on two TVs in the same room. Now the problem is that when the the two TVs are connected I receive no picture on both TVs but I can see subtitles, TV Guide in fact I can view everything excluding the picture. I have an Xtra-View on two HDPVR 2Ps. What causes the loss of picture but there's audio?
you might need to tell people what type/brand HDMI splitter that you are using...preferably with a web link to its description.

silent witness
Old 2017-08-21 , 17:07
Changes remote batteries hourly

Is it maybe a powered splitter that hasn't been given a power supply?

Else your splitter or TVs are possibly having a problem accepting the HDMI video signal at the set resolution, whereas the other visual aids are probably at a common lower resolution. Still strange as I would expect both to be mixed together by the decoder before being carried on the single HDMI feed.

Solution will maybe be to pick something with 50Hz instead of 60Hz if that was selected on the decoder, and try a lower resolution if necessary. You can also try see if choosing between for instance 1080i and 720p makes any difference throughout the available range due to the "i" or "p" setting.

Agree that some splitter source info could help, also the make and model of the TVs.

How is the other 2P decoder connected to these TVs in the same room, if at all?
Old 2017-08-21 , 18:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimist View Post
Is it maybe a powered splitter that hasn't been given a power supply?

Else your splitter or TVs are possibly having a problem accepting the HDMI video signal at the set resolution, whereas the other visual aids are probably at a common lower resolution. Still strange as I would expect both to be mixed together by the decoder before being carried on the single HDMI feed.

Solution will maybe be to pick something with 50Hz instead of 60Hz if that was selected on the decoder, and try a lower resolution if necessary. You can also try see if choosing between for instance 1080i and 720p makes any difference throughout the available range due to the "i" or "p" setting.

Agree that some splitter source info could help, also the make and model of the TVs.

How is the other 2P decoder connected to these TVs in the same room, if at all?
Both decoders are connected via HDMI. How do I go about choosing a lower resolution on my decoder? The TV I'm trying feed HD is also connect via the RF cable
Old 2017-08-21 , 21:45

You'll have to find where it's set in the menus yourself unless someone else can post help, I haven't had a 2 tuner decoder for years.

BTW, if it's a passive HDMI splitter they used to be known to give trouble, best to use an active (powered) splitter. Based on your answers I can't add anything else useful.

Last edited by Optimist; 2017-08-21 at 21:48. .
Old 2017-08-22 , 22:28
Watches YouTube a lot!

Sounds like possible HDCP issue? Double check the HDMI directly from decoder to each TV. If those work, try only one TV at a time on the splitter.

And to confirm, as you mentioned 2 decoders in your last post, but 2 TVs in your OP. You have A decoder in a room, and you want to send HDMI to both TVs?
Old 2017-08-23 , 08:52

In case Puggy doesn't return to the thread, I'll just add this for clarity - it's not as unusual as may be believed to have 2 TVs in the same room delivering the same content, for instance it's quite common and efficient in a house where a lot of young people get together to watch sport.
Old 2017-08-23 , 10:01
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

this sounds like a HDCP issue , try connecting via another device blue ray player or playstation and if both video and audio work on the other end , than its an HDCP issue. please let us know if that works , than we need the model of the splitter also
Old 2017-08-23 , 10:28

When I connect each TV separately they work fine but problem starts when I connect them both at the same time. My question is why I lose the picture while I can have audio and I can see the EPG, TV Guide and other things?