Forum > DStv Forum Archive (12 May 2014) > DStv Products > SD PVR > Downgrading from SD Dual View PVR to Single View PVR
Old 2010-10-19 , 08:15
Still listens to the wireless

Default Downgrading from SD Dual View PVR to Single View PVR

I want to downgrade from a SD DUAL VIEW PVR to a SINGLE VIEW PVR! - without losing PVR function - is this possible?

what channels will I loose?

thanks

Last edited by MC Rory; 2010-10-19 at 10:50. . Reason: Title
Old 2010-10-19 , 10:54
Technical Myriad

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiff View Post
I want to downgrade from a SD DUAL VIEW PVR to a SINGLE VIEW PVR! - without losing PVR function - is this possible?

thanks
If you are a Premium subscriber, you will gain channels IF you buy the HDPVR 2P decoder. the channels gained will be the HD channels.

If you plan on keeping the SD PVR, then there is NO financial advantage to downgrading to single view at all, just stop using the second viewing environment.
Old 2010-10-19 , 12:40
Changes remote batteries hourly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiff View Post

thanks
To add to Geoff. Remeber you pay R65 access fee for PVR/Dual View and XtraView all combined and cannot be separated. Because you are recording another channel it is the same as viewing 2.

G