Old 2008-12-29 , 11:33
Still gets up to change channels

Thumbs down Ad-Hoc recording error meesgae

When recording the current program and then trying to set another recording using the i-plate. These recordings are at different times. But I should be able to record two channels at same time???

I get an error message –

“This recording could not be added because:
You have reached the maximum number of recordings.”
dstv error Dec 2008.jpg

But if I stop the current recording I then can place another recording.
I have only 29% usage on the HD PVR, so this error seems very strange.

I have reset a number of times (RERO – reset early reset often).

Any more information on the HD PVR error would be appreciated
Old 2008-12-29 , 12:16
A big, eagle-eyed baobab.

Does it allow you to set another via the TV guide or a TBR?
Old 2008-12-29 , 12:25
MultiChoice

The HD PVR has a limitation of 40 scheduled recordings, ie. you cannot schedule more than 40 recordings at any one time. This has been logged as a bug as it was not a MCA requirement. Hope this info is of assistance.
Old 2008-12-29 , 14:50

I will try and set the recording via the TV Guide.

I have 9 Time based recordings on different days set and 1 ghost recording that comes back (common error).

Can MC let me know what time frame these recordings must take place. For example is the 40 recording limit for 1 week, 1 month. I don't see how i could of reached the limit.
Will trying to delete (i say try cause they have a life of their own) some of my time based recordings solve this problem?

Is this not related to the fact that the when calling up the time based recordings the HD PVR displays records weeks in advance. It does not just show the 9 that are set???
Old 2008-12-29 , 15:05
MultiChoice

Vish - if you go to the Scheduled Recordings screen - count the number of entries. If you have 40 entries, no more recordings can be set.
Old 2008-12-29 , 20:50
Knows how to use a remote

@Vish

I experience the same issue once before - I had 5 pages of scheduled recordings. This was related to the updated software in October. It seems like any time based recordings scheduled for weekly repeats were showing up 4 or 5 times, resulting in my scheduled list of recordings exceeding the 40 entries.

To correct I deleted all the offending entries and recreated them. I have not had this issue since, although I noticed today that my recording of Dirty Sexy Money was once again showing multiple times.

Regards
Old 2008-12-30 , 10:23

it was the scheduled recordings page. i deleted one of the time based recordings and now i only have 31 recordings scheduled.

does this now mean we have to limit the time based recordings on the HD PVR, to ensure that you can make ad-hoc recordings?

This should be mentioned in the user manual or at least inform HD PVR users.
Old 2008-12-30 , 12:48
Changes remote batteries daily

Its a BUG, hence it will be fixed!
Old 2008-12-31 , 18:21
Technical Myriad

(1) the maximum number of entries is 40 INCLUDING numerous no visible " ghost settings that have been deleted in the past!
(2) there is ONLY one permanant cure to this issue and thta is painfull - Do a clean up of the schedule list. reboot, and repeat until the schedule list is visibly empty and then hold your thumbs!

If athat does not work - do a complete clean up - lose all your playlis entries as well, and then hope for the best!
Win 10 Pro (64-bit) version 1703, build 15063.138
1.2m antenna, 8-way universal LNB, 2x6 MS, FSM permanently connected.
MS Edge 40 with MSEdge HTML 15
Old 2008-12-31 , 21:38
Knows how to use a remote

The day after I posted my message I had to do exactly this - back in action now, until next time ... strangely enough it was on the day that i deleted my scheduled Journeyman entry, and this entry reappeared in my list. I have fortunately not had the "ghost" entries preventing me from adding recordings.

I also noticed that a couple of the entries for the next 7 days were missing, in other words the recording for Dirty Sexy Money for Monday 05/01 in the evening at 19:30 was gone, but I had three entries for 12/01, 19/01 and 26/01. A similar pattern was followed for some of the other recordings, but not all ... curiouser and curiouser ....