Forum > DStv Forum Archive (12 May 2014) > Service Queries > Service Queries > Pathetic service and a even worse "system"
Old 2009-11-02 , 08:43
Knows how to use a remote

Angry Pathetic service and a even worse "system"

I sometimes wonder who is working in that call centre and how competent the people is that work there. Also, their “system” seems to get all the blame all the time

Friday afternoon got home after work and got a E14/16 message on the tv screen…After sending the required SMS I got a reply saying my account is due R4xx.xx. This made me furious as I know for a FACT that my account was up to date. I was told by Martin that I owe R54x.xx almost a month ago which would take me to end of November and that was the amount I paid (in fact I paid more than that just to be on the safe side). There was cricket on which I wanted to watch and is MAINLY the reason why I got DSTV and needless to say with much frustration I had to call the callcentre on MY COST to find out what is happening. 17:05 I phoned…spoke to Ayanda who said my services was cut due to non-payment. After I explained to her in a highly frustrated and angry voice that I paid the %^$%$ outstanding amount she said that my services was cut due to a “system error” and she will reconnect it. She did so after I was 18min on the phone. Now with the cell phone rates we are paying that comes to a handy 18 * 2.50 = R45…..R45 at who’s cost????? And because of who’s fault??????

So my services was connected and I wanted to pause the cricket as I had to do something….Guess what? NO PUASE functionality….in fact no PVR functionality and NO DSTV on my second tv….Needless to say this drove me nuts… Had to phone AGAIN….You do not want to know how I felt at this stage

Spoke to Winston who connected my services properly after another 20minutes …. I awaiting an apology in writing from Multichoice for this and exactly why it happened ; being a “system fault” is not good enough… Pathetic service to say the least and 2 expensive phone calls on my flippen account.
Old 2009-11-03 , 07:31
Knows how to use a remote

Got a call from Nikiwe and a apology and a credit for my time spent on the phone. Thank you MultiChoice. Allthough i was very dissapointed at the time i appreciate the way you handled the matter